I've just spent forever trying to sift through data regarding wheels, rims spokes and hubs and.....short of sticking hot needles into my eyes....am struggling to get any sense any time quickly. So much choice so little clarity.
So I thought I'd ask you guys if you can assist...Wheel builders have the inside gen. Hope you can help.
I am looking for a 700c (622BSD) wheelset that I can build myself that...for a full wheelset...comes in around the 1400g - 1600g. As economically as possible.
Here's the brief:
1. I want to build the wheel myself.
2. Mid section aero.
3. Not into an all black look - ideally alloy and shiny but happy to compromise with a shiny ally brake surface and some black as well.Looks do play a little bit of a part.
4. budget: Here is the tough part damned cheap as possible. between £300 & £500. Feck knows if that works or not.
5. Campag cassette at the rear.
6. 1400g target. Okay with 1500g...anymore than that and reluctantly I would accept if there is no other option.
7. Ideally clincher...might be okay going tubs......Tubeless....sorry am too old fashioned for this leap of faith.
Any pointers advice from the collective know how out there would be welcomed...
On a related topic... best balance between cost and weight for rubber on the road too? I appreciate some latex inners and a good tyre can provide big savings.
Apologies for being a wheel and tyre noob.....thanking for your assistance in advance.