Leaky Corsa Pro

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
xiyuwang

by xiyuwang

I traded my Zipp 404 for a pair of 303 and it comes with the Corsa Pro tire. The owner said the tire is only about 1500km old, but the side wall does look quite tarnished (turning into a black-yellow-ish color).

The thing is, it's quite leaky, literally. The air pressure drops in two days from 60psi to 30psi, and more interestingly, whenever I pump to 60psi, drops of the sealant will pop out from the side wall near the bead. And, the tire surface that touches the ground also becomes wet after a while...

Is this a normal thing for this sort of 'cotton-based' tire...?

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Cotton tires, including the Corsa Pro certianly tend to leak more than non cotton based tires. I had some Challenge tires that would "weep" sealant.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

xiyuwang wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:41 pm
I traded my Zipp 404 for a pair of 303 and it comes with the Corsa Pro tire. The owner said the tire is only about 1500km old, but the side wall does look quite tarnished (turning into a black-yellow-ish color).

The thing is, it's quite leaky, literally. The air pressure drops in two days from 60psi to 30psi, and more interestingly, whenever I pump to 60psi, drops of the sealant will pop out from the side wall near the bead. And, the tire surface that touches the ground also becomes wet after a while...

I had a very similar experience (check my Youtube link for an initial review and long term review). Many people stated it was due to the muc-off sealant I was using. It took a very long time for them to seal up to an adequate level where they weren't dropping significant pressure day to day.

I think I'll go back to orange seal in the future.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

xiyuwang

by xiyuwang

JMeinholdt wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm
xiyuwang wrote:

I had a very similar experience (check my Youtube link for an initial review and long term review). Many people stated it was due to the muc-off sealant I was using. It took a very long time for them to seal up to an adequate level where they weren't dropping significant pressure day to day.

Mine is stan's sealant.

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

xiyuwang wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:09 pm
JMeinholdt wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm
xiyuwang wrote:

Mine is stan's sealant.
Maybe it is that Corsa Pro's just take longer to seal up no matter what sealant is used. Either way, it annoyed me for months.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

X5SAE

by X5SAE

I remember reading something about not using ammonia based sealant with cotton tires.

I am using Vittoria or Orange Seal (don't remember) and mine do look good. But the front tire is losing pressure in a similar fashion...
Road
Cube Agree C:62 SLT 2021 (frame+fork) DA 9270 6.9x kg - ride-ready 7.25 kg w/pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo mount

Gravel
Velobuild GF-002 Force AXS 7.5 kg, ride-ready 7.775 kg w/200 ml Stan‘s, pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo/Cateye mounts