Orange regular sealant vs orange endurance sealant - for road bike

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
fulton

by fulton

hello all

I would like to ask: is orange regular or orange endurance sealant - recommended for road pressure of 80-90Psi?
Does anyone have experience with it leaving a stain on clothes if it gets on it?
what is the difference between them?

in the event of a problem, can the smooth butyl inner / or Tpu be used or does it have to be cleaned first? are rubber gloves recommended in this case?

Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gorkypl

by gorkypl

80-90psi seems high for road tubeless. Still, for anything above 4bar I use the regular one, as it works better for these pressures.
Tube is really the last resort. In 99% of punctures you use Dynaplug. In those super rare cases when only tube would work, I never bothered with gloves, but it's a messy job, and yes, you need to clean the tyre a bit - paper tissues are enough.

Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s
Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

AJS914

by AJS914

I run 80-95psi for road tubeless because I'm limited to 25mm tires on my older Colnago. I figure that if I get a flat I may have to ride home on 60psi. (I haven't got a flat in 6 years with GP5000TLs and orange seal).

Personally, I wouldn't ever touch a product like the Endurance version. You are trading sealant longevity for sealing ability. I'd always rather have maximum sealing ability. I don't mind topping up every few weeks during the summer season as I have a relatively quick and clean procedure.

pushpush

by pushpush

I run 70-80psi with regular orange. It works fine. I've only had one incident that required a plug. I can't comment on higher pressures.

MikeD

by MikeD

I had trouble with the Endurance formula not sealing. I think, when it's been in the tire for a long time, even though it's still liquid, it loses its sealing capability. I had small punctures that wouldn't seal until I injected fresh sealant into the tire. I switched back to OS Regular. On the OS website, there's a chart that shows Regular seals better than Endurance.