Orange regular sealant vs orange endurance sealant - for road bike

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
fulton

by fulton

hello all

I would like to ask: is orange regular or orange endurance sealant - recommended for road pressure of 80-90Psi?
Does anyone have experience with it leaving a stain on clothes if it gets on it?
what is the difference between them?

in the event of a problem, can the smooth butyl inner / or Tpu be used or does it have to be cleaned first? are rubber gloves recommended in this case?

Thank you.

gorkypl

by gorkypl

80-90psi seems high for road tubeless. Still, for anything above 4bar I use the regular one, as it works better for these pressures.
Tube is really the last resort. In 99% of punctures you use Dynaplug. In those super rare cases when only tube would work, I never bothered with gloves, but it's a messy job, and yes, you need to clean the tyre a bit - paper tissues are enough.

Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s
Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I run 80-95psi for road tubeless because I'm limited to 25mm tires on my older Colnago. I figure that if I get a flat I may have to ride home on 60psi. (I haven't got a flat in 6 years with GP5000TLs and orange seal).

Personally, I wouldn't ever touch a product like the Endurance version. You are trading sealant longevity for sealing ability. I'd always rather have maximum sealing ability. I don't mind topping up every few weeks during the summer season as I have a relatively quick and clean procedure.

pushpush

by pushpush

I run 70-80psi with regular orange. It works fine. I've only had one incident that required a plug. I can't comment on higher pressures.

MikeD

by MikeD

I had trouble with the Endurance formula not sealing. I think, when it's been in the tire for a long time, even though it's still liquid, it loses its sealing capability. I had small punctures that wouldn't seal until I injected fresh sealant into the tire. I switched back to OS Regular. On the OS website, there's a chart that shows Regular seals better than Endurance.