Continental GP5000 TT TR

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Requiem84

by Requiem84

Data on BRR makes me curious about this tire.

Obviously extremely low roling resistance. You'd expect it to score less on puncture risk than the TS TR's, but interestingly enough it is quite similar to those in that regard.

Any real life experiences on this tire, especially in terms of puncture risk? :D

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Requiem84 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:34 am
Data on BRR makes me curious about this tire.

Obviously extremely low roling resistance. You'd expect it to score less on puncture risk than the TS TR's, but interestingly enough it is quite similar to those in that regard.

Any real life experiences on this tire, especially in terms of puncture risk? :D

More puncture prone than a GP5K S TR, but less puncture prone than Corsa Speeds or Pro One TTs. Because the casing and tread is so thin, even pinhole punctures aren’t so trivial to seal. I had to plug my 25mm TTs after flatting out of a crit on Saturday.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Requiem84

by Requiem84

I was considering to run the TT's on an Alpine race in France with 5500m elevation and 180km lengths. Also due to the lower weight of the TT's.

But sound like that would be quite risky as they can even puncture on a crit (where I presume the road condition wasn't too bad).

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Requiem84 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:34 am
I was considering to run the TT's on an Alpine race in France with 5500m elevation and 180km lengths. Also due to the lower weight of the TT's.

But sound like that would be quite risky as they can even puncture on a crit (where I presume the road condition wasn't too bad).

Nah, this was a crit with drainage channels going across the road. I’d say at least 6 people flatted on the same section and one person cracked a rim.

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Just bought 2 for 60€ each and plan on running them daily. Let's see how long they'll last 😁

Requiem84

by Requiem84

I put my money where my mouth is and ordered a TT TR 25mm for the front and a TT TR 28mm for the rear.

Will try them out in the Italian Alps beginning of August, will report back on it :).

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

scapewalker wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:00 pm
Just bought 2 for 60€ each and plan on running them daily. Let's see how long they'll last 😁
Where did you find that deal?
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

scapewalker

by scapewalker

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:32 pm
scapewalker wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:00 pm
Where did you find that deal?
Amazon on prime day

mashiehood

by mashiehood

TT's on a LB wheelset - Mortirolo, Gavia, Triple Stevlio, Dolmoites and Maratona - 600km, 17,000m climbing in one week - awesome tyre barely looks worn after all that riding.

Requiem84

by Requiem84

mashiehood wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:25 pm
TT's on a LB wheelset - Mortirolo, Gavia, Triple Stevlio, Dolmoites and Maratona - 600km, 17,000m climbing in one week - awesome tyre barely looks worn after all that riding.
Excellent to hear! Exactly the riding I'll be doing in a few weeks 😄.

Matte86

by Matte86

Does anyone have an update on real life experiences with these tyres?
I'd like to test my 'racing' equipment before an actual race ie very fast group rides, but I'm a bit scared how well they could hold
Pogacar used them at this year TdF, to my knowledgle he didnt flat, but I wonder if they cleaned the roads before hands, after all crashed happened past years

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Matte86 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:30 am
I'd like to test my 'racing' equipment before an actual race ie very fast group rides, but I'm a bit scared how well they could hold
Pogacar used them at this year TdF, to my knowledgle he didnt flat, but I wonder if they cleaned the roads before hands, after all crashed happened past years

I’ve been racing with 25mm TT TdFs on some bad roads and they’ve mostly held up. I had one crit where we’d repeatedly ride through big concrete gutters and that resulted in a flat that required DynaPlug. I bet the 28mm version would have been fine.

Matte86

by Matte86

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:18 am
Matte86 wrote:

I’ve been racing with 25mm TT TdFs on some bad roads and they’ve mostly held up. I had one crit where we’d repeatedly ride through big concrete gutters and that resulted in a flat that required DynaPlug. I bet the 28mm version would have been fine.
Thanks!

Matte86

by Matte86

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:18 am
Matte86 wrote:

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Using the 25 even as my training tire (front wheel) on the TT bike. 2000km on it this year, always going fast, roads are pretty hit and miss, no cuts or punctures yet.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7