Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:29 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:47 am 

Wanted to get some magic mastik to try out of curiosity but none of the local shops have it. When I went to Vittoria's website, I didn't find it there as well. I did find this new Mastik Pro glue that seems like a hybrid product of the magic mastik and mastik one; read this -

"Mastik Pro Mastik Pro is the latest and best development in tubular glue to date. It addresses all known challenges for gluing your tubulars. With its quick and easy application, it is possible to glue two tires in under an hour. Mastik Pro cleans easily with water, making mess on your hands and equipment a challenge of the past. It also has a much increased resistance to high temperatures, contributing strongly to much higher safety especially for long descents. The new Mastik Pro is non-flammable, so it can be carried everywhere regardless of the mode of transport. Glued tubulars are rideable in 24 hours and the packaging is especially designed to use two satchels per wheel.

I can find no other information on the net regarding this product though, not even an online retailer that stocks it. Anyone heard anything about it before?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:44 am 

I see what you mean. It would appear that they may have discontinued Magic Mastik and replaced it with this new product. I have one packet of the MM that am planning to try on my next glue job. Have plenty of M1 just in case it doesn't work :wink:

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:44 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:37 pm 

Their website https://www.vittoria.com/accessories/road-accessory/

Water soluble, but now needs 24 hours curing time, hence a hybrid of the 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:55 pm 

tbh the only apparent difference between magic and pro seems to be the packaging (slight size increase from 12ml to 17ml) and increase to 24 hrs

aside from that, they seem to be the same - water soluble, higher temperature (see https://www.vittoria.com/accessories/ro ... ic-mastik/ )

i think magic was applied to rim only, i've not seen instructions for the pro but my guess would be they now say to apply to both rim and basetape, which would explain the increased amount per wheel and the longer drying time