Xentis squad 2.5 silverline tubular

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
beanbiken

by beanbiken

Hi, Thinking of adding a wheelset as above to my collection. plan to use them when the blacktop heads skyward. Question is does anyone here have any personal experience with them? I see they have not been widened like their bigger brothers have. Have other carbon tubulars but just looking to shed a couple of hundred grams..........

Steve M.
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Hmmm, looks like i'm on my own with this one. Thinking about the Extralite Hyper climbs as an alternative.
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Buddysnack

by Buddysnack

I'm about to get some 4.2s. I'll report back once I have some miles on them. They look really sharp.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Thanks Buddysnack look forward to your feedback.

Steve
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

I believe the newest release of the Squads have wider internal and external widths. They also have UD, matte, and stealth finishes. Do you know who the local distributor is? In North America checkout Blacksmith Cycle

AZR3

by AZR3

From Xentis-USA site,

"New in 2016
-Following customer’s requests the following wheels are now made with a rim width of 24.6mm (instead 20mm): Squad 4.2 Silver Line (clincher and tubular), Squad 5.8 Silver Line tubular, and Squad 7.5 clincher."

So it appears the Squad 2.5 for tubular and clincher will stay skinny but the Squad 4.2 goes wide in both and the Squad 5.8 tubular and Squad 7.5 clincher are wide.
Strange that the Squad 5.8 clincher stays narrow, I probably would have picked up the 5.8 too if it had gone wide...maybe next year

DartanianX

by DartanianX

They are amazing! I absolutely love the entire range. Have raced/trained on everything from 2.5s up to 7.5s

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

AZR3

by AZR3

DartanianX wrote:They are amazing! I absolutely love the entire range. Have raced/trained on everything from 2.5s up to 7.5s

How is the braking compared to an aluminum wheel? I've got a set of the Squad 2.5 Silverline clinchers on order from starbike, hopefully it should be shipping in a few weeks.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

AZR3 wrote:
DartanianX wrote:They are amazing! I absolutely love the entire range. Have raced/trained on everything from 2.5s up to 7.5s

I've got a set of the Squad 2.5 Silverline clinchers on order from starbike, hopefully it should be shipping in a few weeks.

Hi AZR, please post a review once you receive them and manage a few KM's.............. would be greatly appreciated.

Steve M.
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

AZR3

by AZR3

Well if you keep up the posting you can save 5% ;)

beanbiken

by beanbiken

AZR3 wrote:Well if you keep up the posting you can save 5% ;)

:beerchug: Cack..........
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

DartanianX

by DartanianX

AZR3 wrote:

How is the braking compared to an aluminum wheel? I've got a set of the Squad 2.5 Silverline clinchers on order from starbike, hopefully it should be shipping in a few weeks.

Mine are on par in the dry, and only slightly lag behind in the wet, yet leaps and bounds ahead of any other carbon I've ridden.

AZR3

by AZR3

My clincher version should be shipped today or tomorrow (credit card was just charged), so hopefully I'll have at least my initial unboxing review and weights in a couple weeks

beanbiken

by beanbiken

:thumbup: look forward to your thoughts and impressions
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

by Weenie

AZR3

by AZR3

DartanianX wrote:
AZR3 wrote:
DartanianX wrote:Mine are on par in the dry, and only slightly lag behind in the wet, yet leaps and bounds ahead of any other carbon I've ridden.

What brake pads are you using with your Xentis wheels?