Campagnolo Hyperon

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi guys, a friend just sold me a pair of Hyperon Ultra Carbon Clincher at "mate price". I would like to learn abit more about the history of the Hyperon series.

My friend said he bought them second hand a few years back but doesnt remember which year they are from. It doesnt have the "Two" on any of the graphics so presumbly they are the not the latest generation of "Ultra Two" (before discontinuing). The front rim says Symmetric Front and the rear has Asymmetric Rear written on them if this helps ID-ing them. The brake tracks look like 3K carbon and does not have any special treatment like AC3 or Diamante. A pair of 23c tyres are fitted to them and they sit pretty flush to the brake track i.e. not lightbulb shaped. Any idea which year are these from? thanks. :mrgreen:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

The Ultra Twos and Ones were introduced in late 2009 (2010 MY) if I remember correctly, so yours are the preceding model. There was never brake surface treatment to speak of on Hyperons; the 3Diamante and AC3 were introduced on the 2015 and later Boras.

Stellar wheels, very good for climbing. I owned a pair of Ultra Twos until a couple of years ago.

ak47

by ak47

I use Fulcrum Racing Light XLR which is Hyperon's twin sister with different hubs and lacing but same rims. Problably the best factory wheelset ever made id you don't care about the ordinary looks.