Equinox wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DETEC

by DETEC

Tommaso wrote:
maxxevv wrote:I'm at the Taipei Bike Show now, toyed with the 50mm carbon clinchers, very nicely done rims and with the standard package, its rated at 1550g for a 20/24 configuration. Its at a sweet spot in terms of weight for fast rolling courses and also its 50mm aero. With better hubs and spokes, bringing it into the sub 1500g range shouldn't be too difficult as the rim weight is 530g or something in that range.

If you are in Taipei show can you tell me what kind of hub they have?????

T

Equinox is Gigantex's own brand.. and they cannot be bought, as a range, its just a marketing project to advertise their rims , all wheels use novatech hubs, and Pillar spokes, but this year a Sapim spoke is an option

I have tried to get the wheels branded as Equinox, but they are not supplying anyone....!! Any one who implies that they have them , need to be considered carefully!!

My Taiwanese agent has tried many discussions with them recently, and they can only supply unbranded or with your own decals design on, which i have been doing for many years

regards

http://www.carbontec.co.uk

Kuiper

by Kuiper

DETEC wrote:
Equinox is Gigantex's own brand.. and they cannot be bought, as a range, its just a marketing project to advertise their rims , all wheels use novatech hubs, and Pillar spokes, but this year a Sapim spoke is an option

Equinox is the Gigantex’s carbon rim factory,
it's not really a brand name just the factory name.

As I posted already in a earlier post in this topic:
- Hubs: Joy-Tech
- Spokes: Sapim CX-ray

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DETEC

by DETEC

Kuiper wrote:
DETEC wrote:

Equinox is the Gigantex’s carbon rim factory,
it's not really a brand name just the factory name.

As I posted already in a earlier post in this topic:
- Hubs: Joy-Tech
- Spokes: Sapim CX-ray

Chris,
i was trying to say that, after years of trying with Gigantex ,Equinox cannot be bought as a brand of wheels from them.... so i buy the same products and add my own graphics,upto now it has worked well for me :P

Andy

sjors

by sjors

http://www.carbontec.co.uk/productDetai ... ctCode=148

they also make this detec wheels . looks cool a bit like flash point
cycling is a passion

DETEC

by DETEC

sjors wrote:http://www.carbontec.co.uk/productDetails.php?ctCode=148

they also make this detec wheels . looks cool a bit like flash point

Thats my other top selling exclusive brand at the moment....and are voted by cycling plus 9/10
on offer at the moment..too :)

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/componenttestdetails.asp?id=752

regards Andy

sjors

by sjors

yes, they are beutifull. only it can be cheap in england. but i live in Holland and &1,- = €1, 6 so it`s not cheap!
cycling is a passion

gregalfa

by gregalfa

This year you can have PMP hub set from Gigantex with Sapim CX-Ray. They have exclusive products, 38mm and 50mm, lighter version for their in-house brand "Equinox."
38mm+PMP+Sapim = 1100grams.
50mm+PMP+Sapim = 1300grams.
This year thet expand their line to carbon frame as well. It looks nice with intergrated seat tube.
The Great CarboniO

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

gregalfa wrote:This year you can have PMP hub set from Gigantex with Sapim CX-Ray. They have exclusive products, 38mm and 50mm, lighter version for their in-house brand "Equinox."
This year thet expand their line to carbon frame as well. It looks nice with intergrated seat tube.

Hi,

Sounds exactly like Ridley's 4ZA wheels to me.....

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

fdegrove wrote:
gregalfa wrote:This year you can have PMP hub set from Gigantex with Sapim CX-Ray. They have exclusive products, 38mm and 50mm, lighter version for their in-house brand "Equinox."

Hi,

Sounds exactly like Ridley's 4ZA wheels to me.....

Ciao, :wink:

You must have lighter rims than 4ZA rims to obtain weights given.

My 4ZA tubular rims 50 mm was 514 gr. With 24 CX ray and a PMP rear hub with his special lockring, you obtain 946,1 gr just for the rear wheel.

toprid

by toprid

I have checked the weight of 4za t 38 and t 50.....

the weight of 38 mm is over 1450 gr. and the weight of t 50 is over 1500 gr..... :shock:
Italian bike the best!

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

toprid wrote:

I have checked the weight of 4za t 38 and t 50.....

the weight of 38 mm is over 1450 gr. and the weight of t 50 is over 1500 gr..... :shock:

I confirm 1572 gr for a pair of 4ZA 50 mm tubular.

KB

by KB

DETEC wrote:
Kuiper wrote:
DETEC wrote:Chris,
i was trying to say that, after years of trying with Gigantex ,Equinox cannot be bought as a brand of wheels from them.... so i buy the same products and add my own graphics,upto now it has worked well for me
Andy

Those graphics are ab-fab, the nicest I've seen on any wheels. Do you make and sell them for wheels you haven't built/sold yourself?

DETEC

by DETEC

KB wrote:
DETEC wrote:
Kuiper wrote:
DETEC wrote:Chris,
i was trying to say that, after years of trying with Gigantex ,Equinox cannot be bought as a brand of wheels from them.... so i buy the same products and add my own graphics,upto now it has worked well for me
Andy

Those graphics are ab-fab, the nicest I've seen on any wheels. Do you make and sell them for wheels you haven't built/sold yourself?

i own a few moulds in taiwan.
and i design, and create all my own artwork to fit any components i am selling.
the taiwanese do not have any input into my designs, i don't trust their spelling or colour charts!! :lol:

johanfl

by johanfl

Do anyone have a pic or more info on Gigantex carbonframe?
I know that they were setting up to produce a complete frame, but i didn't know that they were ready.

//Johan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johanfl

by johanfl

Hmmm.
The PMP hubs don't have any weight advantaged over the Joytech standard hubs, in fact the Joytech front hub is lighter than the PMP hub.
Or have it all mixed up?

It would mean that to get the light wheel of 1100g+1300g all you need is the Sapim spokes and the "special" rims?

//Johan