Damaged Gipfelsturms.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrgray

by mrgray

the seller sounds like a very strange person. great you sent them back. but how? i'm in sydney and i've struggled to find postage of something as big as a wheel box for under $350 via fedex. and you posted it for $95? please share the secrets of your success.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

KCookie

by KCookie

It was posted using Auspost. Still hasn't left Australia yet though. It's made it to Melbourne from Adelaide in 4 days, so pretty slow, but then again all post is slow in Australia.
I now have some new Gipfelsturm Schwarz edt on their way. Should be here in about 7-10 days. Can't wait. Need to stop buying wheels, I think 4 pairs of Lightweights is enough now. Lol.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

KCookie wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm
KCookie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm
Now the seller is demanding an apology from me as I went through PayPal which he obviously wasn't to impressed with.
Wow, this seller is delusional. He can't take responsibility for his thoughtless actions and now he wants an apology. I hope he learns something from this transaction.
Yes he said in an email to me that he would never send a parcel to an Australian again. I told him I wasn't Australian, he then bombarded me with emails trying to work out my nationality.
The Australian vernacular would have been strong in the reply had this have been me.. I lost shipping fees when cycling express stitched me up with the wrong wheelset a year ago, wasn't impressed about it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I have been tempted lately to buy a used set on eBay and this story alone has almost completely erased that motivation!

DurianGrey

by DurianGrey

alcatraz wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:45 am
Do LW wheelsets not usually come in separate bags front/rear?

I feel bad for the seller in the sense that he went through the trouble of sending the stuff internationally. This alredy is a hassle for many people. I hear going to usps is almost like going to the dmv.

/a
Just the opposite, at least for me. I go out of my way to use USPS whenever possible because they're everywhere, way less hassle, and usually less expensive than private shippers. Plus where I am UPS refuses to deliver without a signature, which is a big PITA

KCookie

by KCookie

dgasmd wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:02 pm
I have been tempted lately to buy a used set on eBay and this story alone has almost completely erased that motivation!
Can understand that, has made me think twice, but I had some Ventoux delivered from a US WW forum member and they were packaged really well, just think this guy was a little uneducated with sending wheels.

KCookie

by KCookie

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:36 pm
KCookie wrote:
AJS914 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm
KCookie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm
Now the seller is demanding an apology from me as I went through PayPal which he obviously wasn't to impressed with.
Wow, this seller is delusional. He can't take responsibility for his thoughtless actions and now he wants an apology. I hope he learns something from this transaction.
Yes he said in an email to me that he would never send a parcel to an Australian again. I told him I wasn't Australian, he then bombarded me with emails trying to work out my nationality.
The Australian vernacular would have been strong in the reply had this have been me.. I lost shipping fees when cycling express stitched me up with the wrong wheelset a year ago, wasn't impressed about it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Can't say I'm to thrilled with loosing money over this transaction. Think it's wrong that the buyer is out off pocket when it's clearly not their fault. Will call PayPal tomorrow and see about claiming the return fee. Not holding much hope, but it's worth a call I suppose.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

[/quote]
Can't say I'm to thrilled with loosing money over this transaction. Think it's wrong that the buyer is out off pocket when it's clearly not their fault. Will call PayPal tomorrow and see about claiming the return fee. Not holding much hope, but it's worth a call I suppose.
[/quote]

Agree 100% hope you get some satisfaction on this

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

beanbiken wrote:
[/quote]

Agree 100% hope you get some satisfaction on this

BB[/quote]Cheers. Appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

Luckily I now have a refund deposited back to my credit card, unfortunately not the full amount so a call to Amex today to hopefully get the different back. Still trying to claim the return cost but I'm going round in circles on that one, so not much hope there.
Now just waiting on the delivery of my Gipfelsturm Schwarz edt, new tyres arrived yesterday so can't wait. Don't think I'll be using eBay for expensive items again.
Cheers