Cero AR30 evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sandercycling

by Sandercycling

I'm looking for new wheels and I have seen Cero AR30 evo and they look very interesting. Who has expierience with this wheels? For me they just need to be light, stiff, bombproof, aluminium and a bit aero. So I can ride some criteriums with them.

zefs

by zefs

Ι have the ARD23's and they are great. I'd say better than Fulcrum Racing 3 I had which are also great wheels but more expensive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sandercycling

by Sandercycling

And if you compare them with Fulcrum Racing Zero/Campagnolo Shamal Ultra?

Sanjay

by Sanjay

I have a pair of the AR30 Evos and they have been great. They are about 9 months old, light, tough and quick to accelerate. They are also tubeless ready and come with tubeless tape fitted and valves which have been great for using with Schwalbe Pro Ones and now Hutchinson Fusion All Seasons. They replaced a pair of Mavic Ksyriums and the Ceros are a much better in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sandercycling

by Sandercycling

And the bearings and the hubs, are they good? Do they run smooth, are they well sealed?

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

zefs wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:14 pm
Ι have the ARD23's and they are great. I'd say better than Fulcrum Racing 3 I had which are also great wheels but more expensive.
i have the ARD23s. i sneezed on them and the hub shell chipped/cracked.

Sandercycling

by Sandercycling

And the Cero AR30 evo's are better than Cero Ar24's so the performance of the AR30's are then comparable with Fulcrum Racing Zero or Campagnolo Shamal Ultra?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikergrove

by bikergrove

I had the original AR30's and they were good. Lightweight and quick to accelerate. The Chosen hubs didn't last more than a season however as the pawls started to break inside the freehub body. I sent them back and Cycle Division who begrudgingly replaced them.

I have a pair of AR22's which are a rebranded XR22t's. They've been solid. The AR30 EVO is an Alexrim rim but unsure about the hub. Probably a bixex or similar Taiwanese brand.

Bikergroves Sr has bought a pair of Cero AR30 evo's. He got them for £350 in the sale which seemed like a good deal. I'll find out how he's getting on.