Schwalbe Pro One + Normal Stan's Sealant

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Just a heads up for those who use the Schwalbe Pro Ones with Normal Stan's Sealant but have serious issues with them sealing when you get a deep puncture which won't seal with high pressure.

My mate and I were finally fed up and we came across an old article from MTBR where e*thirteen basically tipped using grounded black pepper as a secret sauce.

We added some grounded black pepper to the sealant and damn does it work perfectly.

YMMV, do try it out!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Stop using not-Orange Seal.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

TobinHatesYou wrote:Stop using not-Orange Seal.
We would if we could get it here.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I do wonder if the tyre is also partly responisble. all my bad experiences with stans have been with schwables as well but perhaps tyre is at fault too as i think i had issues with zefal and caffe latex too, but no issues with the last two sealants with other tyres.

StradaJon
in the industry

by StradaJon

Glitter and assorted flakes from a craft shop work well too. Plenty of MTB riders make their own. The higher pressure used typically in a road tyre makes it harder for the sealant to do it's job as it is being squirted out before it has a chance to seal.
Strada Hand Built Wheels
http://www.stradawheels.co.uk

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

other sealants in other tyres however do manage what stans in a schwalbe road tyre can't.

spud

by spud

I don't have experience with this combination, but I had no luck at all with Slime sealant in a WTB tire - stuff came out pinholes for days and wouldn't seal. Stan's sealed right up, without glitter etc, no problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

spud wrote:I had no luck at all with Slime sealant in a WTB tire
I have always been of the impression that Slime sealant was something usually purchased by the less sophisticated cyclists (i.e. newbs/Aldi/Halfrods/Walmart bunch).
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"