can not decide (AX Lightness)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

quanmer

by quanmer

You may want to see HUNT Carbon wheels, they are cheap and heavy (compare to AX-Lightness), but they just perform extremely well at friction of costs.
I have AX-Lightness Ultra 25T with Extralite hub (Ceramicspeed bearing) and HUNT 38Carbon, HUNT is nearly 600 gram heavier than AX, guess what? All my personal records on climbing set with HUNT.

bogologo

by bogologo

Almost impossible to be better with 600 gram heavier wheels. Are these steep climbs or rather 5-7% grade ones?
Why did you for the the ceramic bearings?
Thx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

LOL, all the Ceramicspeed bearings do is slow you down after the first long ride. What a waste of money if there ever was one.

quanmer

by quanmer

bogologo wrote:Almost impossible to be better with 600 gram heavier wheels. Are these steep climbs or rather 5-7% grade ones?
Why did you for the the ceramic bearings?
Thx

All of them , average 6% to 15% ,

I go Ceramicspeed bearing for curiosity, I have their pulley wheels on several bikes, and they work wonderful.

quanmer

by quanmer

UpFromOne wrote:LOL, all the Ceramicspeed bearings do is slow you down after the first long ride. What a waste of money if there ever was one.

Why Ceramicspeed bearings slow me down, and how about after the first long ride, will it getting better?