WI T11 service interval

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
silvalis

by silvalis

Noticed my T11 bearings were a bit crunchy (only 5k on it) and dropped it to the lbs for a service. Was told that T11's did not have good sealing and requires regular service? I was under the impression that they were one of the better hubs in terms of sealing/service?

How often does everyone normally service their T11s?
Was told by the LBS that to get the hubs serviced each time i drop the bike in as well, but as I tend to do servicing myself is this like... every 2000km?

Also had the driveside end cap fall off. That was a new one. Searching the forums it doesn't seem uncommon?
Last edited by silvalis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chapter 2 Tere
Scott Spark 720plus

by Weenie

jlok

by jlok

I had the CLD and agree that the rear freehub sealing is minimum. One rubber o-ring at the freehub and hub shell interface and they don't seem to stick too close. Water is easy to get into the ratchet ring / pawls compartment.

Apart from the cassette lock ring there is no cover for the freehub outer bearing as far as I could remember.

So yes they are more exposed to the elements than hubs like DT Swiss. I destroyed the bearings by shooting too much degreaser at the cassette while the wheel is still on the bike. But still, I love these hubs. Well made and beautiful. Take care.

silvalis

by silvalis

hmm. Shooting degreaser at the cassette could have been my issue too...
Chapter 2 Tere
Scott Spark 720plus

NovemberDave

by NovemberDave

https://novemberbicycles.com/blogs/blog ... stries-t11

Long story short: if you get too far from the fairway, the bearings in WI hubs can suffer. But apart from that they're outstanding hubs and a very good value.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

always remove the cassette and chain before degreasing that applies to any hub.