Recommend wheelset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

karw88

by karw88

charlieboy52000 wrote:
karw88 wrote:Thanks for all the replies. Will I feel any aero advantage if I go to 35mm rims? Quattro alu? Cheap carbon, yeoleo?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nah you will get some but nothing you will notice. 40-50mm is when you start seeing the effects. That is the sweet spot between weight and aero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will there be issue with crosswind at that depth since I'm super light? lol
How about Prime RP50s? :lol:

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

why spend that much. a set of campagnolo zonda's if you want off the shelf is not a bad idea. Budget should not dictate the wheels you buy. if the right set are under budget then great. spending more does not mean you get more more always.

With the right rim profile 50mm deep wheels are not a problem in cross wind even for light riders.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

charlieboy52000

by charlieboy52000

Those prime rp50 seem as an ok wheel. Based on your weight you can get anything. You are so light that the wheels will last you a long time.
I'm a Reynolds man. Have 30k on mine and still strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcatraz

by alcatraz

karw88 wrote:Will there be issue with crosswind at that depth since I'm super light? lol
How about Prime RP50s? :lol:

I went from 22mm to 58mm toroidal shaped 27-28mm wide rims and even in quite strong winds I've never been scared or surprised.

In fact the first times I've ever really encountered strong side winds was with my shallow wheels and that had me stop to a halt 1-2 times because I felt the bike can't be controlled.

With the new rims never. Had them for 6 months and ridden many thousand kilometers.

I never ride with both hands off the bars though. I used to do that but no more. Its dangerous with the speeds I'm now going regardless of wheels.

I'm 62kg, less than 70kg total riding weight.

/a

sawyer

by sawyer

Multebear wrote:With that budget you've just put yourself between the top end alloy wheels and the mid section. C24's are above your budget and Zondas are below. Thats why I mentioned hand build. But you should be in range for some farsports carbon clinchers in whatever depth you prefer. With your weight preferably something between 30 and 38 mm.

Yeah, if it's a dry weather wheelset and you can stretch then the Fulcrum Quattro Carbon are a steal. Very good wheels for the money, and competitive even against top end stuff

Otherwise I'd go Zonda and save some cash
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: