Rotor lockring doesn't fit on hub end caps (Yoeleo Wheels)

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
zefs

by zefs

Hello, I just received some new wheels from Yoeleo but apparently they sent me the wrong end caps for the front wheel so the lock ring for the disc rotor can't get through. Can I find universal ones that will fit the Yoeleo hubs (M31) after measuring them? Or do I just need a different rotor lockring diameter?

Photos uploaded: https://imgur.com/a/othXe

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks like you need different end-caps. No lockring will fit into that gap.

by Weenie

zefs

by zefs

Yes, any idea where I can find some? And does it need to be the same exact measurements (width wise, because diameter needs to be smaller)?

whosatthewheel

by whosatthewheel

Unfortunately, these hub caps are specific to the hub, there isn't one that fits all. You need to go back to the retailer with your issue. They have an obligation to resolve it.
What is Yeoleo? Is it Ebay based? China based?

zefs

by zefs

Yes chinese based. The hubs are theirs they call them M31 but I think they are based on Novatec. If anyone knows that they are Novatec maybe I can get the caps from them.

whosatthewheel

by whosatthewheel

I still think they should send you the correct hub cap and it shouldn't be up to you to find one that works. Finding hub caps for a centrelock Novatec hub might be a challenge in itself, but if that's the route you want to go, then at least you need to know the diameter of the axle... is it 15 mm?

zefs

by zefs

Its a regular quick release. Thing is they have the Chinese holidays at the moment so after waiting since July to receive the wheels I have to wait another 2 weeks or so for them to send the correct caps... That's why I am looking to find from spares.

Won't any of these do? http://www.eshop.novatecwheels.eu/categ ... side-caps/

whosatthewheel

by whosatthewheel

zefs wrote:Its a regular quick release. Thing is they have the Chinese holidays at the moment so after waiting since July to receive the wheels I have to wait another 2 weeks or so for them to send the correct caps... That's why I am looking to find from spares.

Won't any of these do? http://www.eshop.novatecwheels.eu/categ ... side-caps/

You need to find out which axle you have... is the cap press fit or is the axle threaded?

In Novatec world an SB means six bolts, so not for you, while a CL means centrelock. They all look SB to me

zefs

by zefs

I missed the SB part. On mine the cap is press fit and centre lock.

racingcondor

by racingcondor

Any of these do the job? There is a CL to 6 Bolt adaptor on the linked page that would let you fudge it if you had to.

http://www.bdopcycling.com/Wheel%20Parts.asp

zefs

by zefs

Don't think so. Mine is 30mm width and 27mm diameter, need one with 2-3mm less on the diameter for it to work but they don't write measurements. Best bet would be to take it to someone who can alter it by cutting it until they send me the correct one .

StradaJon
in the industry

by StradaJon

Get your local machine shop to machine down the edge of the end cap until it fits the lock ring? Check the rear too?
Strada Hand Built Wheels
http://www.stradawheels.co.uk

whosatthewheel

by whosatthewheel

StradaJon wrote:Get your local machine shop to machine down the edge of the end cap until it fits the lock ring? Check the rear too?

Easier said than done... I wouldn't know where to go.

To the OP

I suppose the cap end is tiny enough that can be used as a drill bit and if you have a vice, you can clamp a file to the vice and work with the drill over the file to remove material from the hub cap...

Sparks will fly all over the place and you'll need safety spectacles and make sure you're far away from anything that can ignite. Could be fun... :wink:

zefs

by zefs

Yeah might as well install a motor while I am at it :P
I will take it to a professional until they send me the correct one.

by Weenie

wingguy

by wingguy

racingcondor wrote:Any of these do the job? There is a CL to 6 Bolt adaptor on the linked page that would let you fudge it if you had to.

The centrelock to 6 bolt adapter still need to be fixed on with the lock ring, so the exact same problem remains.