Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 pm 

This is the risk of mail order. I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from the UK over the last couple of decades. I've never had a single return. I'm so far ahead that I'll take the risk.

Of course, you could have your LBS order a set of Zondas and probably pay $500 or more in the US.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 pm 

AJS914 wrote:
This is the risk of mail order. I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from the UK over the last couple of decades. I've never had a single return. I'm so far ahead that I'll take the risk.

Of course, you could have your LBS order a set of Zondas and probably pay $500 or more in the US.

Try well over 6 bills.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm 

Well.. I was set to plop for a set of Zonda's. Looked at the weight vs the alloy set I built-- which is serving well. .67 lb.. as in pounds more for the Campie wheels.

Think not.. and despite the appearance ( I think ) of a tubeless compatible rim profile per mounting.. they do not say this. Believe last yrs model Zonda same profile pitched t compatible... (?).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:22 pm 

WinterRider wrote:
AJS914 wrote:

Try well over 6 bills.

Your LBS's price from Campy's US "wholesaler" is likely higher than the UK websites' retail price with free shipping up to door.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 pm 

bremerradkurier wrote:
WinterRider wrote:
AJS914 wrote:

Try well over 6 bills.

Your LBS's price from Campy's US "wholesaler" is likely higher than the UK websites' retail price with free shipping up to door.

PBK got best prices and ship worldwide for free https://m.probikekit.com/bicycle-wheels ... 49819.html

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

:nospamhere:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 pm 

AJS914 wrote:

Lucky. I ordered a 5800 groupset from Ribble and it looked like a kid attacked it with a sharp rock. And they sent me the wrong color crankset. It was like they had a box labelled "damaged or orphaned 5800 parts" on the shelf and some noob slapped a label with my address on it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 pm 

Campie 2 way fit system ... trying this morn to sort out the marketing muck. If not mistaken the '16 model Zonda was stated 2 way .. the '17 set not. Appears to me the internal profile of the rims the same. :noidea:

Sorting thru the listings of Campie rims again when one finds the set designated 2 way the internal profile appears same as lower valued set below... WTF.. ? What .. am I missing? Marketing to get more coins if one chooses tubeless?

Viewed the rim assembly tuber ... spokes used some composite material? Appears spokes same all wheel sets?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 am 

Just ordered a set from PBK for $341 after the discount. Amazing. I was planning to relace some 240s hubs with the new Open Pro, but it's not worth the effort. Just plug and play for the coming CX season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk