Where to buy AX-Lightness Ultra 25T (US based)?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I noticed neither Starbike nor Bike24 sell this model. Anyone recommend a reputable retailer?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Did you email starbike? I ordered a pair from there and they didn't list it on their site but they could order a set.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

AZR3 wrote:Did you email starbike? I ordered a pair from there and they didn't list it on their site but they could order a set.

Nice. May I ask what you paid for them? What do you think of the wheels and do you recommend upgrading to the Ceramic Speed hubs? Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

AZR3

by AZR3

Noctiluxx wrote:
AZR3 wrote:Did you email starbike? I ordered a pair from there and they didn't list it on their site but they could order a set.

Nice. May I ask what you paid for them? What do you think of the wheels and do you recommend upgrading to the Ceramic Speed hubs? Thanks!

I think it was around 2200ish, can't remember, it was when the euro to dollar was better and I'm ashamed to say I never actually road them, but others on WW have and they all seem very pleased

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Noctiluxx wrote:I noticed neither Starbike nor Bike24 sell this model. Anyone recommend a reputable retailer?

AX have moved to a direct supply arrangement, so from what I can understand unless you find someone with stock you will need to order direct from AX.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

sp3000

by sp3000

Yep, they have gone direct, you can find them here https://www.benotti-bikes.com/en/ax-lig ... /ultra-25t

Benotti is the sister company of Ax and the same CEO, they are the retail side of things and about 2 hours from the Ax factory.

I went the ceramic option on my Ultra 45c and I'm happy, that said the bearings that come in the extralite hubs are very very good as standard so I imagine unless cost is really no issue you probably needn't bother. I doubt you'd ever tell the difference and the standards will probably last longer!

sp3000

by sp3000

Oh and as far as what the wheels are like, I can't speak to the tubulars but the clinchers are the best wheels I have ever ridden, put lightweights to shame...

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Interesting specs: DS kgf especially to me.

On the hub side from MY2018 we are utilizing a hub with carbon shell specifically made for us made which not only visually but also technically compliment the SELECTION wheelsets very well thanks to their light weights of just 72 respectively 215 g, but also due to their high reliability thanks to multi-sealed ball bearings as well as an intelligent geometry and the use of straight pull spokes.

Laufrad-Linie: Selection
Felge: ax Selection 25T, 215 g / piece
Rim material: 100 % Carbon Prepreg
Carbon finish: 3K
Tire type: Tubular
Brake type: Rim brake
Rim depth: 25 mm
Rim width: 20,5 mm
Hubs: ax HC-017
Axle standards front: Quick release
Axle standards rear: Quick release
Freehub body: Campagnolo, Shimano/SRAM
Spokes: DT-Swiss Aerolite, black
Nipples: DT Swiss Pro Lick hidden, internal
Spoke tension: front: 100 kgf, rear: 140 kgf
Spoke count: 20 front, 24 rear
Intended application: Road
Weight: 940 g (+/- 5 %)
Decal colour: white
Accessories: Swissstop brake pads (4 pcs)
Rider weight limit: 100 kg
CUSTOMERS ALSO VIEWED
ax Ultra 25T Laufradsatz
Ultra 25T
€2,790.00 *
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I bought mine from starbike before the changr in distribution model. Mine have the extralite hubs and can't rave enough. I glued mine with veloflex criteriums (23mm). I tried 25mm vittoria corsa g+ and the shape of the rim bed and tubular didn't seem to mesh well but i think the corsas are a bit oversize. I use campy carbon brake pads (as i do on all carbon wheels - much better braking than the supplied swissstop)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Shame they refuse to sell rims only.