Kinlin cost ...direct

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Anyone have details on what rims cost via Kinlin direct? Quantity vs price? Shipping costs?

My understanding .. .. can be done. :mrgreen:
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

NovemberDave

by NovemberDave

Minimum order is usually 200 rims per type. Costs will vary based on which rims you get. They are fairly responsive through their site so just ask them and they'll tell you.

Bear in mind when you see the price that you need to pay up front and the lead times are long, shipping is expensive and/or slow, you basically eat any bad rims that through (we weed out some number of them from every order and it's a cost of doing business) and they're not great at warranty (which I've fortunately never tested except for more or less being told that an occasional bad rim is the cost of doing business, but I know of one warranty where their response was basically a shrug and a blank stare). You have to add your own product liability coverage if that's relevant to you, and that's about it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justaute

by justaute

Dave...if you want me to swear at them in Chinese, let me know. :)

NovemberDave wrote:Minimum order is usually 200 rims per type. Costs will vary based on which rims you get. They are fairly responsive through their site so just ask them and they'll tell you.

Bear in mind when you see the price that you need to pay up front and the lead times are long, shipping is expensive and/or slow, you basically eat any bad rims that through (we weed out some number of them from every order and it's a cost of doing business) and they're not great at warranty (which I've fortunately never tested except for more or less being told that an occasional bad rim is the cost of doing business, but I know of one warranty where their response was basically a shrug and a blank stare). You have to add your own product liability coverage if that's relevant to you, and that's about it.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

My kinlin order was paid for 2nd May 600 rims. Cost quite abit. Shipping £1000 from taiwan. Duties to be paid yet and VAT. shiped 8/7/17 and will and in the UK mid august. the point is I have forked out a lot of money but the rims take 2.5 months to arrive.

When I enquired about a smaller quantity I did not even get a reply. That was telling. the shipping cost are only affordable if you bring in alot of rims. Also they wont pack onto pallets unless you ask them. they charge for that but it will be worth it if it can reduce the risk of damaged rims in transit.

NovemberDave

by NovemberDave

justaute wrote:Dave...if you want me to swear at them in Chinese, let me know. :)

That is an unusual and very kind offer, thank you. We do try to solve issues with flowers and not punches (mostly because bike racer fights? have you seen them? wicked embarrassing)

WinterRider

by WinterRider

I'll guess ... 200 rims w freight to USA for Kinlin 200's .. w FOB.. just under 2 grand. Actual is N or S of my guestimate?

40 bucks a unit is looking very nice now retail.

I like value .. the Kinlin's are that.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com