HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 am 

bath tub

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:16 pm 

Hi all,

I have an issue with Schwable Pro One 25mm TL-Esay tire and DT Swiss Wheelset as the air will leak and audible once the tire pressure pumped up to around 90PSI at the initial installation. Popped the tire on with air compressor and tried two different Schwable Pro one tires and it still leaks from the same place on the rim.

Was reading this thread and it seems that Schwable tubeless easy = TLR (Tubeless Ready) which in terms must have the sealant to seal properly between the tire bead and the wheel wall. Without sealant a pumped (90PSI) tire will lose much air over night to (60PSI) is normal then, is this correct?

Thanks for the help in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:20 pm 

you need to use sealant
seriously this go too far

sealant exists for a reason

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:52 pm 

romalor wrote:
you need to use sealant
seriously this go too far

sealant exists for a reason

Hi Romalor and thanks for your input,

It is a dump questions to some people but it is nice to learn as as I am totally new to Tubeless setup.

Maybe I should make my question obvious as last post contains some back ground info and of course that I will be running the tire with the sealant for sure.

My question was that if Sealant is a must while the initial tire installation process as I was surprised to have air gushing out between the wheel and bead after pumping. Was wondering if it is "Normal" as I have no friends running tubeless at all. My original thought was that it should at lease "hold" the air without sealant's help.

Thanks again for helping.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:29 pm 
in the industry

Using sealant does not cause mess. By inflating the tyre without sealant then removing the valve core injecting selant and reinfkating you can get a clean install. If you ride tubeless tyres wihout selant you'll have to carryslare tubes and if you do that why run tubeless. There are ways of fixing badly punctured tubelesstyresat the side of the road.

Some rim tyre combo require sealant just to get a seal yours is one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 am 

Ok, so to answer my own question, I have installed schwalbe Pro one on AL33 rims with 2 layers of tubeless tape, and no sealant. It has held air well. In fact it holds air better than my latex tubes in clincher wheels.

So in this rim/tire combo, at least, there is no need for sealant. I ride with a spare tube, in case i get a flat. And the tires fit easy enough, just need a nudge from levers for the last few inches.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:38 am 
in the industry

Put sealant carry worms and flexible superglue in the event of a puncture that wont seal. Leave the tubes at home. This is the whole point of tubeless, the hint is in the name. The other point of sealant you rarely need to stop also sealant prevents the rapid defaltion of tyres.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 am 

just for your info concerning schwalbe tubeless easy (former known as tubeless ready) system:

this tire NEEDS sealant according to Schwalbe HP and my own experience...
"Tubeless Easy is the name of the latest variant of Tubeless Ready tires. A new monofilament texture on the sidewalls (SnakeSkin) ensures an extremely light tubeless conversion. The usage of sealing liquid is necessary, but the fitting is as easy as with genuine tubeless tires." (schwalbe HP)

i myself tried this tire on the Aforce rim...rear would have sealed without sealant, front tire had some micro holes in the sidewall needing sealant.
for my liking schwalbe went too far with weight reduction...had also one with a small cut in sidewall, which did not seal whatsoever...