Veloflex clincher on carbon rims problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Marin

by Marin

Turbo Cotton after maybe 3000km (already had a flat tread) on older 23x50mm Farsports rim. I checked, the bread hook is very sharp. I'll sand it down a bit and mount the next pair of TCs:

The Turbo Cotton is quite a bit heavier than the Veloflex btw.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

By curiosity will check my carbon clinchers.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

TonyM wrote:Yep the Veloflex are light, or let's say lighter than the Vittoria, but I suppose this is the price to pay.

I have also the feeling that the actual Vittoria Open Corsa don't have a "soft ride" like it used to be in the 80/90s. However I suppose they still give a much softer ride than the Conti GP 4000. Maybe someone can confirm it (or not)?

Are the Veloflex Corsa and Vittoria Open Corsa still made of cotton?

Continental 4000S is not even in the same category as Veloflex cotton tire. To put this in perspective, my Veloflex Corsa 25mm mounted on narrow rim, measure 23mm wide and it's as plush as my Continental 4000S (dedicated all-season tire) 28mm, mounted on wide rim, measure a whooping 31mm wide at 60 psi.
It's silly to train on Veloflex or any other cotton tires. It's a dedicated race tire but they won't market it like this because sales will decline. Continental is well balanced tire that can last up to 5000 miles, its fairly light, roll well with great puncture resistance.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder