Kinlin XR200 - Powerway R36 Ceramic wheel set

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lemkeg

by lemkeg

I am looking for a new lightweight aluminium wheelset to ride/ race in the mountains. I came across a set of Kinlin XR200 with Powerway R36 Ceramic hubs and CN Aero 424 or Pillar Aero 1420 spokes for €310 on eBay. This looks like a good deal. Does anyone have these wheels/ hubs? Would these wheels be good for racing in the dolomites with descents of up to 30km? I weigh 54-58kg (fit/ off-season). Max power around 1350watts.

Claimed weight for the wheelset is 1260g +/- 30g. It does not say which configuration of hubs/ spokes that is. Options are Powerway R36 Ceramic or non-ceramic and CN Aero 424 or Pillar Aero 1420 spokes.

What other wheels would you recommend if these are no good?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WinterRider

by WinterRider

lemkeg wrote:I am looking for a new lightweight aluminium wheelset to ride/ race in the mountains. I came across a set of Kinlin XR200 with Powerway R36 Ceramic hubs and CN Aero 424 or Pillar Aero 1420 spokes for €310 on eBay. This looks like a good deal. Does anyone have these wheels/ hubs? Would these wheels be good for racing in the dolomites with descents of up to 30km? I weigh 54-58kg (fit/ off-season). Max power around 1350watts.

Claimed weight for the wheelset is 1260g +/- 30g. It does not say which configuration of hubs/ spokes that is. Options are Powerway R36 Ceramic or non-ceramic and CN Aero 424 or Pillar Aero 1420 spokes.

What other wheels would you recommend if these are no good?

Thanks

IMO... looking at Powerway site .. carbon shell with al flanges... not for me. "good deals" often aren't.. smells more like inventory being moved .. inventory that well might have issues.

Many PRO builders around this site .. Your best 'deal'. They'll last .. you aren't somewhere then in 'tim buc too' with a broke wheel.......... :noidea: Being left 'high and dry' is spensive.. done that yrs ago.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

what spoke count. I have built with that rim before and a 28 spoke rear is decent a 24 spoke rear is floppy well I think it is anyway and spoke life will be compromised. you's be quicker though a a stiffer heavier wheel. a wheel with a wider rim as you have to come down if you go up and the XR200 is very narrow and you wont get the best from your tyres.

The rims are cheap so 310 euro's sound about right.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

For that weight I don't think you'll have any problems.

I'm on xr200-cn424-bitex hubs.

Those powerway hubs are not that light. I don't see how the wheels can ever come to 1260gr. My hubs are lighter than those and I just barely break the 1300gr barrier.

/a