Can you identify this Zipp 202 for me. Think it's an older model.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shrike

by Shrike

Bought it from Sigma Sport, was ex-display so got a few quid off it. I was looking for the new one with the 77/177 hubs. But this one seems to be the older style that you can adjust. There was only a picture of the large Zipp decals in the listing as they weren't 100% but the description said:

Zipp’s 202 Tubular is a versatile wheelset that climbs like a mountain goat and descends like an eagle. With the 77/177 hubset, this climber’s wheelset is even better.

To get to the base of the climb, the 202’s 32 mm toroidal profile was developed in the wind tunnel to roll on the flats as efficiently as many 45- to 50mm-deep rims. When the tarmac tilts upward, with superior stiffness and weight of only 1,180 grams, the 202 excels.

Please Note: This wheel has been on display in-store and has picked up slight marks on the Decals. Otherwise, excellent condition

Weight: 510
Brake Track Width (Centre) width: 22.56mm
Max width: 22.61mm
Max. system weight: 102kg
Tubular specific rim
Ex-display
Some of the Decals have begun peeling

Just got my hands on it now, pics:

Was £499. The 88/188 hubs were a bit dodgy I think I read?

meltedbakebeans

by meltedbakebeans

Seems to be the 2012 hub; most of them made silver but the one you have is all black

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Cheers melted, yes does look like that. They said sorry and refunded it. 8)

Side note: wonder why Zipp don't do a Firecrest 2020 tubular. They do have a clincher version like that..