Vittoria Corsa Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beatle

by beatle

Anyone roll these in tubular? They are a pure speed tire and do well with regards to Crr and now I am reading that they have decent durability too. Reviews? I am on Veloflex roubaixs but thinking about the CS for at least the front.

sungod

by sungod

the g+ one?

the standard corsa g+ tub is a really nice ride, very supple carcass, plusher than veloflex carbon/arenberg even at higher pressure

dry grip ok though it felt not quite as good as veloflex, but they seemed to lose grip progressively so more chance to react, i felt wet grip was better

only downside is that they cut like crazy on wet roads, i had so many flats it was ridiculous, i just kept putting tufo sealant in but eventually gave up and binned them

the corsa speed g+ is the lighter/thinner version, should be great on dry/clean roads, but i'd avoid unless you have the luxury of dry rides only (or wet roads devoid of any sharp stuff)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beatle

by beatle

Thanks sungod. I live in the desert so dry riding for me 95%+.
I came across this idea recently on Slowtwitch.com and frankly have been thinking about Crr alot and how tubeless seems to be king now in that area. I have another wheelset that is tubeless and really like it but the ride of tubulars still seems better to me, plus the low weight is great. So I am trying to get better rolling resistance. If i can get 2K miles out of the CS tubulars, that might push me away from the roubaixs.

*edit* I believe that the reference is to the g+ version.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

As mentioned above, the G+ is a very nice ride and reasonably durable - I find it takes much less visual abuse than the old CX line.

The Corsa Speed is CRAZY light and a major bummer it only comes in 23mm. I put 120 miles on I'm dry weather and picked up an almost invisible piece of glass that resulted in a puncture. I'd recommend running them with sealant full time and, if you're only hoping for 2k miles, you'll probably be content.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Sounds like the old vittoria corsa then. I found them to be exactly how sungod has dsscribed. The slowest tyre is the tyre that punctures often. I was rinding on conti gp4000s tjbs again today. They are not the most supple but feel quick and i have yet to puncture one. They are narrow though which is a side i can live with for normal roads.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I picked up a set of the open tubular (clincher) tubeless ready tires to run for TT's. I haven't had a chance to race them yet, but just rolling around the block, they feel very fast. Previously, I was racing S-Works Turbo Cotton tires and I've also run the "non-Speed" Vittoria Cross G+ tires.

One thing to note, the Corsa Speeds were a bi*ch to get mounted. They are TIGHT!. I ultimately had to mount them on a set of aluminum wheels and pump them up to 125 psi for a few days to stretch them a little.... then I was able to get them mounted on my carbon 88's a little bit easier.

DuncanS

by DuncanS

That must be a tubeless thing because I've found the Open Corsa G+ to be the easiest mounting tyres I've had.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

DuncanS wrote:That must be a tubeless thing because I've found the Open Corsa G+ to be the easiest mounting tyres I've had.

Yes, I think it is, because the two sets of non-speed Open Corsa G+ tires that I've mounted have been uneventful.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com