Micheline power comp non-roundness??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

Hi there, anyone of you have the same issue with these tyres (or others)? Both front and rear have around 1000 miles on them. When new, both tyres were perfectly round. Now, when cleaning the bike after a week bike holiday, with lots of miles, lots of twisty descents and some very rough roads (even some putholes), I discoverd that the front tyre is anything but round anymore, there rear is still perfect. I've tried everything that came to mind, incl 2 other inner tubes (instead of the latex ones), cleaning the bead interface, but nothing changes, the un-roundness remains. On the thruing stand, I have almost 2mm between highest and lowest point of the tyre, and it is not localised to 1 point, but whole diameter of the tyre is irregular in height. The front rim (new gen Bora 35) is perfectly fine, with only a very, very slight un-throughness (both vertical and lateral), but I speak of some 10th of a mm at max (rear rim is the same), so nothing compared to the general wobble of the tyre

So, some questions:

* is there something that can be done to solve this?
* has the tyre been damaged with the heavy mountain use during last week?
* Is this a warranty issue? I guess not.

It's a pitty, because I really like these tyres, with very good dry grip, good suppleness and filtering, not one flat in 1000 miles, zero cuts, nothing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

I made of short video of the issue. Maybe it's more clear what I mean. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BU5ihCZds4