Schwalbe pro one tubeless weight discrepancies

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ksolar

by ksolar

I ordered two 23mm schwalbe pro one tires online on amazon and weighed them upon arrival. One tire weighed 232 grams and one weighed 272 grams. I know there is some difference in claimed weights and actual but this seems like too much. I'm going to return the heavy one and order another, hopefully it'll be more in line with the one I'm going to keep.
Anybody else experience this sort of discrepancy in weights, and would you go through the hassle of returning them, or just accept it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gitsome

by gitsome

Id return them because the sidewalls suck ive had 3 burst less than 2 months in and lbs said i wasnt the first theyd seen. Get rid of them asap

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I've had good luck with my Schwalbe Pro One's, more than the IRC tyres I've got. I wonder if you had one of the older models sent out to you? I know they lightened them up a little while ago.

I've never heard of a sidewall blow out/burst with the Pro One Tubeless. Got any pictures to share? Was it a cut or an actual blow out? Really interested to see.

ksolar

by ksolar

I've had a pair of the 28mm and also had great luck with them, so I wanted to give these a shot, as they are supposedly lighter than the 26mm sworks pair I have now, but not at 272 grams! This pair of tires from amazon came from 2 different sellers, so I suppose it is possible it's the older version but the boxes they came in from the manufacturer were exactly the same, UPC code and all.

gitsome

by gitsome

I dont have pics but sidewalls burst/ripped both times, not tubeless, 110-120 psi max. We checked there was nothing rubbing or touching tire to cause it. Like i said they told me wasnt first theyd seen. Otherwise i really liked the tires while they lasted thats why i gave it so many tries but couldnt keep spending so much on rubber that doesnt last....i think to save weight or make them comfy they scarificed too much sidewall strength. They were 23 clinchers ranging back 2-3 yrs ago.

Orlok

by Orlok

gitsome wrote:I dont have pics but sidewalls burst/ripped both times, not tubeless, 110-120 psi max. We checked there was nothing rubbing or touching tire to cause it. Like i said they told me wasnt first theyd seen. Otherwise i really liked the tires while they lasted thats why i gave it so many tries but couldnt keep spending so much on rubber that doesnt last....i think to save weight or make them comfy they scarificed too much sidewall strength. They were 23 clinchers ranging back 2-3 yrs ago.

Are you now talking about the Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless tyres or the Schwalbe One clincher tyres because the "2-3 yrs ago" that the sidewalls burst/ripped.? Because I know and I had that too that the Schwalbe One tubeless tyres and also the Schwalbe Pro One tubeless tyres had that problem that the "chafer" was ripping from the sidewall.
Once comes a time that you'll have a tailwind :D
Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C38 Tubeless

gitsome

by gitsome

They were clinchers, and i bought 2 not 3 i should correct myself, 3rd was a vredstein then specialized turbo no probs since the ones

gitsome

by gitsome

Both times the tear/burst ran diagonally from tread-line to rim across the sidewall about 1 cm long

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I think the 2-3 years ago is telling, they were shit back then. I agree wholeheartedly with you.

My new ones, 2 sets so far on different wheels sets, that are the Tubeless version have been great. I tried them again as for the money they are hard to choose against

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gitsome

by gitsome

Great to know! I really liked the ride. So far specialized turbos are fantastic as well. Just bought challenege tubs for another set of wheels really curious about them once contis wear out.