Are these S-Works Turbo Tubular with tan sidewall available ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

This is from Sagan's ride for Roubaix. I have seen the Specialized sponsored team riding these tires in classics and road races for sometimes now but don't seem to be available for sale? All I can find on Specialized website are the Turbo Tubular allround 2. The one Sag and co are using seems to have tire structure very similar to S-Works Turbo Cotton which are amazing clinchers tires.

Is this the case similar to Continental Competition Proltd shenanigans where normal people can't buy them of the shelves? Whatever the case with UCI rule that all race equipments must be available to the public?

Edit- i read on cyclingtips , saying these tires are FMB corton casing with specialized tread cap.
Last edited by ichobi on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tharmor

by tharmor

Are you sure? I just read an article saying that they are the new Turbo Cotton Hell of the North tubular and clinchers which are comin out shortly.

ichobi

by ichobi

I posted this before Roubaix. Apparently they are available for purchase now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sd5500

by sd5500

ichobi wrote:I posted this before Roubaix. Apparently they are available for purchase now.

Where? I do not see them on their website.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Those tires look so pretty... I'll still ride Vittoria Corsa G Tubulars in 28. Such a durable and sexy tire.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

lovemyway

by lovemyway

sd5500 wrote:
ichobi wrote:I posted this before Roubaix. Apparently they are available for purchase now.

Where? I do not see them on their website.

They should be available here I guess: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/equip ... ton/133458

CostcoHotDogs

by CostcoHotDogs

The tubulars are supposed to ship in July. The 28mm cotton clinchers are available now.

sd5500

by sd5500

CostcoHotDogs wrote:The tubulars are supposed to ship in July. The 28mm cotton clinchers are available now.

Thank you

DaReef

by DaReef

sd5500 wrote:
CostcoHotDogs wrote:The tubulars are supposed to ship in July. The 28mm cotton clinchers are available now.

Thank you

Put the 28 clinchers on my Tarmac last week. Love them. Can't wait for the tubulars.

CostcoHotDogs

by CostcoHotDogs

sd5500 wrote:

Thank you

Tubs now showing late May availability. 28mm cotton clinchers are temporarily sold out, next availability showing early June.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

So no update to 26c clincher?
i read that the tubular get more puncture protection and wider thread.
I guess it apply to 28c too, right?
then will it apply to 26c and 24c?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com