Sub 1000€, 100% German made 1370g Carbon Clinchers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Still waiting on reviews. These wheels look sweet and cheap, but if it rides like crap, then might as well throw my money in the toilet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spltunes

by spltunes

Saturday i have my first big ride with the Flechtwerk-Clinchers. I'll report ;)

asiantrick

by asiantrick

what's the verdict?

spltunes

by spltunes

We decided to go for a crossride, so no review at the moment.

jhalmar

by jhalmar

Does anyone have info if there is tubeless version coming? These sounds really tempting but at these times I would prefer a version that would be also tubeless compatible.
Last edited by jhalmar on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

why is everyone hung up on tubeless these days? They dont feel better than tubs and arguably, they are harder to set-up and maintain than tubs... in fact tubless is a massive pain in the ass... so why wouldnt you just ride tubs or just put latex tubes in clinchers. Its based on useless marketing crap just like disc brakes :P
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

jhalmar

by jhalmar

zappafile123 wrote:why is everyone hung up on tubeless these days? They dont feel better than tubs and arguably, they are harder to set-up and maintain than tubs... in fact tubless is a massive pain in the ass... so why wouldnt you just ride tubs or just put latex tubes in clinchers. Its based on useless marketing crap just like disc brakes :P

If you are buying a new set of clinchers these days I don’t see any harm to have tubeless ready option. You can use them with tubes and when tubeless tires are getting better and better you can switch to them if that seems better option [emoji851]

zappafile123

by zappafile123

jhalmar wrote:
zappafile123 wrote:why is everyone hung up on tubeless these days? They dont feel better than tubs and arguably, they are harder to set-up and maintain than tubs... in fact tubless is a massive pain in the ass... so why wouldnt you just ride tubs or just put latex tubes in clinchers. Its based on useless marketing crap just like disc brakes :P

If you are buying a new set of clinchers these days I don’t see any harm to have tubeless ready option. You can use them with tubes and when tubeless tires are getting better and better you can switch to them if that seems better option [emoji851]

I guess eventually tubeless tech and discs will be better than the traditional go-to.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Sarz91

by Sarz91

Anyone have any experience with these? I know a few people were saying they just haven't managed to get out on them yet. Any update on these?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

kidrob

by kidrob

Sarz91 wrote:Anyone have any experience with these? I know a few people were saying they just haven't managed to get out on them yet. Any update on these?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?p=1356673#p1356673

kidrob

by kidrob

Apparently the German "Tour" magazine test them in this month's version, I will try to get hold of it.

kidrob

by kidrob

Ok, so in the new German "Tour" magazine is this article (http://forum.tour-magazin.de/showthread ... ost5614847). The bottom line and highlights are, they say:
- wind tunnel test says its performance is close to ZIPP 404
- compared to the 404s only half as sensitive to side winds and therefore easier to steer
- on paper excellent wheelset
- too loud
- the yellow swisstop are not good. They manufacturer now wants to "officially" allow the use of Black Prince and Shimano carbon brake pads therefore.
- the back wheel they tested had some braking stuttering which the manufacturer reasoned with the fact that it was a prototype

Ofc there is some discussion around that (lol at the 404 side wind comparison due to shapes) and kinda no one is riding the yellow swisstops as its well known they are not good for this wheels. I am using the Black Prince from beginning on and cannot confirm any braking stuttering or such.

Other than that and re braking in the wet:
One guy is using them with Reynolds Cryo-Blue Power Brake Pads, he says they brake def better than his Veltec Speed 6.0 FCC and as good as the Reynolds Assaults.

JayUK

by JayUK

Hi all,

Any more feedback on these wheels?

J.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Any more word on these?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

photek

by photek

Updated link : https://www.bike-components.de/en/bc/Fl ... el-p59258/

Any reviews or feedback?
2019 Trek Emonda SLR, SRAM eTap groupset, eeBrakes G4, Berk Lupina Saddle, TUNE Schwarzbrenner 60mm wheelset - 6.4 kg