dt swiss dicut 1400

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
sd5500

by sd5500

I know these are pretty new, but anyone have any experience with them?

sd5500

by sd5500

I debating on buying these or the campy shamal mille.

by Weenie

richievet

by richievet

me too.. choosing between these and campy shamal mille. stealthy and tubeless compatable are important to me

sd5500

by sd5500

I'll most likely run tubes, but like the option of tubeless. I'm leaning towards the DTs, as I love their hubs. Also, I read somewhere that the finish comes off the brake tracks of the fulcrum version of the mille, so I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) the same will happen with the milles. I kinda wish the DTs had a bit more internal width, and depth more in the 25-28mm range.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Wait, $1200 for aluminum wheels? In case you haven't seen this review http://granfondo-cycling.com/first-ride ... xic-wheels
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

twostroke

by twostroke

I do own a set of DT Swiss RR21 dicut. I rode them through the Alps and Dolomites during the haute route, great wheels, but I do have a rattling noise coming from the rear wheel on steep roads. It's not related to power output, it really seems to happen more based on the gradient. I suspect is either hub or spokes related...

Apv

by Apv

I've had them for a month and did a weekend in the lakes with them. Also about 500km by now. They're really solid wheels and are great for climbing. Brake track is still black and nothing has worn off. Ride them in the wet once. Going down some super steep descents cause the brake to squeal when getting really hot but apparently that goes away. It only happens when I'm properly cooking the brakes and not on your average descent. Hubs are fairly quiet unlike standard Dt Swiss 240s hubs, but they do give a nice buzz. The rim makes the sound resonate a bit and sound like a space ship. I personally love them. They're wide enough with asymmetric profiles on the rear. Kind of aero, and doesn't get effected by cross winds as much as my old fulcrum quattros

totalcompactroad

by totalcompactroad

I heavily questioned the rep from our DT swiss distributor about the longevity of the OXIC coating and he swears by it, offered to get on of there team riders to come up and show her wheels that have been used for 1000's of miles etc.

Though only time will tell as mavic make similar claims about the exalith and they seem to go pretty quickly

Apv

by Apv

We'll see in a while I guess but just FYI, they're 1500g not the claimed 1435 or whatever

by Weenie