Bora Ultra 35m - Hub Body Wobble

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cincardo

by cincardo

I have a relatively new 2016 Bora Ultra 35mm clincher wheel set and noticed that my rear hub has a rotational offset on my cassette side. The wheel is perfectly true, though the offset visual is the hub looks like it is 'wobbling'.

A local shop says that it is in spec...a second opinion shop says, 'for the price of these wheels, you should not see this much noticeable wobble...after then, the first shop then agreed...the wobble was not in spec...

Nobody can tell me what is 'in spec' and both share that Campy Tech Support is historically difficult to work with...
that 'they don't want to acknowledge any flaw with their superior products'

Anyway, has anybody had a similar problem with a high-end campy wheel and how did you resolve it?

I am preparing for the call in a few days in case Campy technicians decide to report, that this wobble is 'in-spec' or not a problem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolensteel

by Stolensteel

Bumping this random thread to ask: has anyone any experience with Bora Ultra 2018 and bikepacking? I am 73kg and want to go on a trip on some well kept Bora Ultra 2017 dark label. You reckon I am safe with some light ortlieb seat pack, frame and front bag or should I change wheels?