New carbon tubular wheels for my CAAD12

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
Jopie666

by Jopie666

Upgrading my Caad12 at the moment with Sram Red groupset. I'm looking for new light carbon wheels. Years ago I rode corima Aero+ tubulars with campy 10-speed. Those where great and I still regret it that I sold those :noidea: .
I ride chinese carbon clinchers (60mm) at the moment but it's definately not 'the real thing'. I always loved the looks of campagnolo bora's but they are a bit out of my budget.
Any recomandations on a light, modern wide rimmed wheel that can compete with bora's for a smaller budget??
They are for racing mainly on good paved crits.

Thanks in advance
Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?

by Weenie

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I don't understand what makes your unbranded carbon wheels "not the real thing"?
If they are of good quality with decent hubs they will very well serve the same as some 3X the price.

Jopie666

by Jopie666

duvivr6 wrote:I don't understand what makes your unbranded carbon wheels "not the real thing"?
If they are of good quality with decent hubs they will very well serve the same as some 3X the price.

I see your point. But compared to my corima's they are: heavier, not as stiff, spoketension after some races is not that great. Maybe I should go for an unbranded tubular wheel with decent hubs build by a reliable builder.
Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?

Jopie666

by Jopie666

Bought the Roval CLX 60 tubular. Got a good deal on a very nice used set with s-works gripton tubulars in 26mm.
Used by the Ettix Quick step team but not a lot as far as I can tell. Very pleased with it!