New Mavic Open Pro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

mavic are saying exalth is next year at some point. dont hold your breath.

Miller

by Miller

Anyone running the new Open Pro as tubeless? I see a couple of very negative reviews on Chainreaction saying that non-Mavic tubeless tyres are extremely difficult to impossible to fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

whosatthewheel

by whosatthewheel

That's not encouraging considering how hard to come by Mavic tyres are. The legend is that Mavic tyres are rebadged Hutchinson... so maybe Hutchinson work?

c60rider

by c60rider

If you want to know what this is about I've just published a topic about it and my experience with Mavic here http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=148330

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have just built a mavic open pro UST rim. I thought I would see how a few tyres would mount tubeless before I mount the tyre they want. Time tonight for only two IRC formula Pro X guard 25mm and Mavic yskion 25mm UST and they both were about the same tightness both required levers. Otherwise it was quick so mavic selling point of being able to hand mount mavic tubeless tyres is nonsense at least for me. I would not say it was difficult and inflation was easy but neither is any easier or more difficult than IRC or Schwable tyres on Kinlin Xr22T/XR31T, Velocity aileron/quill, DT Swiss, HED.......

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

As I mentioned in the other thread, your experience with the Yksion Pro UST tire is not consistent with what everyone else is saying. The Yksion Pro UST was the easiest tubeless tire I've ever mounted besides the Zipp Tangente Speed RT25. There is simply no comparison between the new file tread IRCs and the Yksion Pro in terms of mounting ease.

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

https://www.slowbuild.eu/%C3%BCbersicht ... ex-1393gr/

very good price for such quality parts..

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

then explain why tomhatesyou. it is odd for sure and contary to what I was expecting.

c60rider

by c60rider

CLEAR wrote:
c60rider wrote:Here we go then finally got my wheels for my retro rebuild that I'm doing. The Mavic's came out at just the right time as for a steel bike that's approaching 30 years old it demanded Mavics and I was thrilled they released these new rims.

Very well done... you have class sir. :thumbup: love to see the rest installed.

Here it is....

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148462

Skylark

by Skylark

Didn't think there was a need for an update. Love this rim or the CXP33 which is even better.
They've changed the design and probably bodged it up too.