Vittoria Corsa G + Latex tubes or Schwable Pro One Tubeless tires

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

What pressure are you running on the CLX and what weight are you?
Thanks[/quote]
95 psi 81kg. Maybe will try lower to see if it is better. My Easton with 19mm internal width I m running 100 psi.

Wow, so I thought you run lower pressure on Tubeless tires than normal tires.
I am 75-77KG and run 80PSI max on my Hed Belgium wheels with 25 Corsa G. Sometimes I will not pump my tires for a week or longer and am running close to 70 or even lower. Never had to many flats.

Not to "school you" but highly recommend going down to 80 or 85PSI. I always find wheel manufactures tend to recommend on the high side of tire pressure.

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/pages/re ... -pressures

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Henryexige wrote:
toronto-rider wrote:
Henryexige wrote:
toronto-rider wrote:GOing to be getting a new set of Carbon clincher wheels that are Tubeless ready.
They have an internal width of 21mm.
The wheels in question are the Roval CLX 50.
I am debating running them tubeless (Schwable Pro one) or with Cosra G and Latex tubes. Both tires in 25.

in terms of importance

1.Comfort and ability to run low pressure
2. Rolling resistance
3. Puncture Protection
4. Ease of use

Based on the above, I am leaning towards the Schwable Pro One.
What would you run?

I've just put on the Schwalbe pro one 25mm on a CLX64 converted to tubeless. Absolutely a wonder to roll on and I've used Schwalbe pro one on Easton EC90 SL tubeless since last year on without any issues ever since. It is slightly faster than S-works turbo clincher for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

95 psi 81kg. Maybe will try lower to see if it is better. My Easton with 19mm internal width I m running 100 psi.

Yep-I weigh 88kg and haven't had any pinch flats ever with 25c Conti GP4000s at 85F/90R on Kinlin XC279 rims with 17mm internal width. I've tried going lower in the rear, but started getting bobbing at 85PSI

Henryexige

by Henryexige

toronto-rider wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks[/quote]

I am 75-77KG and run 80PSI max on my Hed Belgium wheels with 25 Corsa G. Sometimes I will not pump my tires for a week or longer and am running close to 70 or even lower. Never had to many flats.

Not to "school you" but highly recommend going down to 80 or 85PSI. I always find wheel manufactures tend to recommend on the high side of tire pressure.

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/pages/re ... -pressures[/quote]

Interesting. I'll give it a try and see what is the outcome

wingguy

by wingguy

ms6073 wrote:
TheKaiser wrote:
ms6073 wrote:Regarding trying to setup non-tubeless tires in a tubeless configuration

I updated my post. I am riding the new Vittoria Corsa G+ which are supposed to be tubeless ready tires, yet I had blow-offs with two different tires (both skinwall and grey sidewall) on two differrent wheelsets!

Nah dude, the grey and tan wall Corsa G+ are absolutely 100% NOT tubeless ready - no wonder you had blow-offs!

Only the Corsa Speed which only come in a dark grey sidewall and 23c version are tubeless ready. None of the other Corsas will have the tubeless logo on.

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

Henryexige wrote:
toronto-rider wrote:GOing to be getting a new set of Carbon clincher wheels that are Tubeless ready.
I am debating running them tubeless (Schwable Pro one) or with Cosra G and Latex tubes. Both tires in 25.

in terms of importance

2. Rolling resistance
3. Puncture Protection
4. Ease of use

What would you run?

I've just put on the Schwalbe pro one 25mm on a CLX64 converted to tubeless. Absolutely a wonder to roll on and I've used Schwalbe pro one on Easton EC90 SL tubeless since last year on without any issues ever since. It is slightly faster than S-works turbo clincher for sure.

Can you speak to the durability of the Pro Ones?

ms6073

by ms6073

wingguy wrote:Only the Corsa Speed which only come in a dark grey sidewall and 23c version are tubeless ready.

Well now, don't I feel silly! Thanks for setting me straight :oops:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Henryexige

by Henryexige

Ltyarbro42 wrote:
Henryexige wrote:

in terms of importance

2. Rolling resistance
3. Puncture Protection
4. Ease of use

What would you run?

Can you speak to the durability of the Pro Ones?

That depends. I've used 3 pairs of Schwalbe pro one. Averagely they lasted 2000km per tire before the holes are too big to be sealed anymore. It is still usable in clincher form though. That the most durable tires that I've own but for the speed n tubeless, a fair compromise in my opinion.

Henryexige

by Henryexige

Henryexige wrote:
toronto-rider wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/pages/re ... -pressures[/quote]

Interesting. I'll give it a try and see what is the outcome

Wow I ran the tubeless in 85psi front 90psi rear, absolutely a wonderful magic carpet ride clocking PR on the way too. Thanks for the tips.