Deep section Aero wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

I will not accept your 'alternative facts' but it is ok. You are free to disagree.

Multebear

by Multebear

To the subject of justifying price. Guys, we're buying overprised carbon parts and spend thousands of bucks on them. Everything above 1000-1500 buck frame with Ultegra doesn't justify price. Most of us are way beyond the point of diminishing returns. We don't ride significantly faster with DA instead of Ultegra, with a frame that's 100 grams lighter or with electronics instead of mech grouppo. That is not the difference between making the brakeaway in a race or not. That's not why we are here. So there's really no reason debating that. And no one buys lw wheels due to pure performance. There is a bling factor involved as well. The difference between 1k reynolds and 4k lw's is better spent on one or two training camps pre season, if we are only talking chances of making the brake in the upcoming season.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarginalChains

by MarginalChains

I decided in the end that the bling factor was worth more than the possible aero advantages of the Enves, so a set of Fernwegs arrived today. There is one big issue though, the real weights are 787+909 = 1696g against a claimed 720+820 = 1540g. That's over 10% heavier than claimed and makes them more than the Enves! Has anyone experienced such large differences like this? For me, it kind of negates a large part of the reason for choosing them. I'll contact the dealer tomorrow, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

gitsome

by gitsome

No problem w that as long as we're being honest, thats kind of my point..when people try to justify 7k based on "performance" i have to cry foul...otherewise, yeah, buy what u want just dont fool yourself that its that much better.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

kgt

by kgt

According to the manufacturer
http://lightweight.info/gb/en/fernweg
Fernweg Clincher weight 1605 gr and Fernweg Clincher 60 weight 1610 gr. But 1696 gr is, still, too much.

MarginalChains

by MarginalChains

kgt wrote:According to the manufacturer
http://lightweight.info/gb/en/fernweg
Fernweg Clincher weight 1605 gr and Fernweg Clincher 60 weight 1610 gr. But 1696 gr is, still, too much.

I have the Schwarz edition though, listed at 1540g here:

http://lightweight.info/us/en/fernweg-clincher-schwarz

kgt

by kgt

That's even worse, if not unacceptable IMO.

ichobi

by ichobi

Isnt the point for Lw to price their wheels as high as they do is so they can escape spec comparison altogether? Nothing wrong with that tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk