Lightweight Gen 3 refinishing.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

I heard that lightweight refinishes the brake track of Their wheels. Does anyone know if this is true or how much it will cost to have it done?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

sungod

by sungod

there are some repairs they can do, you need to ask them, the response probably will be that they assess first then give a quote

http://lightweight.info/gb/en/contact

in europe i have found them extremely helpful, if you are in usa i think you may need to go via the local agent to arrange things

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

My LBS who is a LW dealer had told me once that this is possible. I have no idea about the cost, it will not be for cheap, that's for sure...

wootenlakeguy

by wootenlakeguy

Yes, this is true and they do a great job.

Since I bought the wheel used, I can't speak to the condition of the brake track before it was repaired by Lightweight. However, once I received it after repair, I couldn't tell if from new. The wheel rolls with no lateral run out or brake pulsing.

Remembering a phone conversation with the seller, I believe he said he'd paid $100 for the repair.

This service certainly makes the purchase of a $3,000 wheel more justifiable.

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I took the wheels to my LBS, they are going to contact LW to see what the cost will be. The store manager did tell me another customer had his LW decals changed from painted white to painted black and it cost him $460, not sure if that was with shipping included.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk