Spoke tension left right difference rear wheel

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

atgoossens

by atgoossens

Hi all,

First post here. :D Really like the discussions here, they helped me decide on a lot of parts for my bike already!

I am building a pair of all weather wheels for my FM066-SL based road bike. I use Pacenti SL23 rims and Ultegra 32h hubs (FH-6800). The front wheel (radial lacing) was no problem but the rear gave me an issue: I decided to go for a symmetrical 2-cross lacing pattern. If I want to center the rim (dishing) the tension on the left is below the low end of the specs for the hub (600N) or the tension or the right goes over the maximum allowed tension for the rim (1250N).
For now I settled at 600N left and 1250N right but the difference in tension feels massive and it is still 2-3mm out of dish.

Did I chose the wrong lacing pattern or combination of rim+hub? Or is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Aart

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

That's normal. Do a search for the giant wheel building thread. There's mountains of information in there

atgoossens

by atgoossens

kulivontot wrote:That's normal. Do a search for the giant wheel building thread. There's mountains of information in there

Thanks. Lots of information there indeed. Looks like my tension ratio is normal and that the lower and upper limits of my hardware is just a bit tight...