ENVE 1.45

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bratz

by bratz

With all the wind tunnel testing on U shape rims having better aero properties than V shape. Would it be unwise to buy an brand new ENVE 1.45 wheels(on closeout locally) where Im looking for a mix of aero and lighter weight. Would prefer to go with a brand name rather than going to generic U shape wheels from local wheelbuilder for near the closeout ENVE wheel price. My budget doesnt allow for the newer U shape brand name wheels i.e Zipp.

Im looking to get tubular wheels in that matters.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dj97223

by dj97223

You have other options, perhaps. Depending on your budget and location, you may be able to get Campag Bora, or Fulcrum, from overseas (e.g., Starlike) for roughly the same price as the discounted Enve's. New Bora/Fulcrum would have a better brake track than the Enves, wider rim, aero properties very close to Zipp, and probably better hubs than those on the 1.45.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

bratz

by bratz

dj97223 - think Boras are not an option as my bike is matt finish . Aestethic wise prefer a matt and not so glossy finish wheels