Best alloy tubeless training wheelset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Andres

by Andres

njyeti wrote:An other ideas?

Thanks

As others have said the Belgium/Ardennes... Pacenti makes a nice rim. Zipp makes the 30 Course which aside from being slightly heavier than the Ardennes it's basically a carbon copy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

dre_lo82 wrote:

Thanks

As others have said the Belgium/Ardennes... Pacenti makes a nice rim. Zipp makes the 30 Course which aside from being slightly heavier than the Ardennes it's basically a carbon copy.

I believe he is looking for wheels, not rims. Pacenti (V1 and V2) is poor quality rim that only looks goods on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Andres

by Andres

mpulsiv wrote:
dre_lo82 wrote:

Thanks

I believe he is looking for wheels, not rims. Pacenti (V1 and V2) is poor quality rim that only looks goods on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rims + spokes + hubs = wheels. Either way, I've had as many issues with a Pacenti as I've had with the Belgium, but maybe I've been lucky/unlucky?

morganb

by morganb

I've ridden my Pacenti SL23s hard on road and gravel with no issues, others have cracked them only riding on road. Seems to have inconsistent construction.

DurianGrey

by DurianGrey

Couldn't be happier with my Fulcrum 3s for this exact purpose. Natively tubeless, can take a beating, same weight as my (deeper) carbon wheels.

dim

by dim

I spent a very long time researching before buying, then I had a wheelset built by my LBS .... HED Belgium Plus rims.... Chris King R45 hubs (the ceramic bearing upgrade) .... Sapiem C-Xray spokes ... these are newly bought, and I've only had them for a few weeks

so far, I'm very pleased .... I have cycled approx 1000 km on some crappy pothole roads and these wheels as as true as the day I fitted them .... My 1st pair of tyres were Specialized Turbo Cottons with latex tubes and these tyres are very fast ... still lots of life in them, but I will keep them for Spring next year, as I have fitted my winter tyres (2017 IRC Formula Pro RBCC tubeless road tyres) .... excellent tyres ... a bit slower than the turbo Cottons, but faster than Conti GP 4000 SII

Before choosing these, I was looking at aero wheels, but the problem here in Cambridge, is that we get strong winds .... I wanted a set of wheels that are good for climbing and that are fast irrespective of which way the wind is blowing

get the HED Belgium Plus ...
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

too expensive for training wheels though. the hed rims still wear out. Velcoity quill is cheaper, kinlins are alot cheaper and both offer easy tubeless tyre fitting and sealing.

The hed is simply pretty but many other rim do the same job with less cost. Get the Pacenti forza if you like your tyres being a tight fit but othersie it seems a decent rim and non have cracked so far.