Wheels Manufacturing Hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lactatehate

by lactatehate

I tried the search function for any reviews or comments on the following but could find anything.

does anyone have any views or experience with Wheels Manufacturing Hubs that, according to their website, is using the Alchemy Works design?

http://wheelsmfg.com/hubs.html

Regards

David

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ethanfiamingo

by ethanfiamingo

I got a chance to see the wheels version at interbike and they looked great. Should make for a stout wheelset without any weight penalty because of the wide flanges and outboard bearing design, but I have not yet built or ridden a set. Zakky skunk might have a set already tho.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

got a few sets stuck in customs :cry:

Ergott has been riding and testing the new ones for quite a while he's the man with the dets on the hubs

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

lactatehate wrote:I tried the search function for any reviews or comments on the following but could find anything.

does anyone have any views or experience with Wheels Manufacturing Hubs that, according to their website, is using the Alchemy Works design?

http://wheelsmfg.com/hubs.html

Regards

David

I had started this thread (viewtopic.php?f=113&t=141779) a few weeks back on the topic of these hubs, and there are about 20 posts so far. Ergott and some others shared some good info both on the design, and on triplet lacing in general.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

that post was about triplet lacing and was pretty much railroaded by our self confessed wheel building expert..
not so much about the new alchemy hubs..

i'm getting 2.5 sets of hubs in a few days which are going to be promptly built to some very nice carbon rims..
will give some thoughts in a few dAys

lactatehate

by lactatehate

sugarkane wrote:that post was about triplet lacing and was pretty much railroaded by our self confessed wheel building expert..

i'm getting 2.5 sets of hubs in a few days which are going to be promptly built to some very nice carbon rims..

Thanks! :thumbup:

ergott

by ergott

The one set I ride most is laced to rims I can't go into right now, but the hubs are my favorite. They have the best dimensions, bearing placement, and now there's no more adjusting preload with loctite like before. Now they are dialed in with a couple micro washers and you tighten the endcap like other hubs. The old preload setup was people's biggest issue with them so it's nice to have that taken care of. It improves the design as well since you now have threads in tension and the endcap can't potentially flex on the end of the axle.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

:beerchug:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

sugarkane wrote:that post was about triplet lacing and was pretty much railroaded by our self confessed wheel building expert..

G4?
Using Tapatalk

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

yeah man the g4 rims got lots of wheel building once the hubs make it out of customs

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

So much want.....
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com