Schwalbe one tubulars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

russianbear

by russianbear

Ride reports on these? Looking for a tire I can daily ride, wondering if these are going to be robust enough. There are some well priced ones in 28mm on ebay I was thinking of trying out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Do a search please. These have been out for quite a while and reviewed already.

FMB51

by FMB51

Ran a 24/26 combo for the better part of a season. I found them to be nice all around tires. Decent road feel and I found the durability to be good. I am pretty much an FMB guy, and the One's were an experiment. I would think you"ll be happy with the One's. I would say relative to other options out there, I found them to be a bit on the expensive side. That being said, I see them on Wiggle for $55 700x28, thats a good price for a good tire!!

Miller

by Miller

I have one on the disc wheel on my TT bike. Whatever excuses I have for not being faster, that tub is not one of them. Seems quite robust and, a little to my surprise, has a butyl inner tube and does not lose any air ever.

russianbear

by russianbear

Kayrehn wrote:Do a search please. These have been out for quite a while and reviewed already.

The tubeless/clincher version has a lot of results in the search (both on the forum and google), but not so much the tubular. Besides, it's not like this forum is that busy with new topics.

Thanks for the responses guys, after I ride through this set of Bontragers i have, these will be next. Might go 28 front and back for max plush.

caddis

by caddis

Miller wrote:I have one on the disc wheel on my TT bike. Whatever excuses I have for not being faster, that tub is not one of them. Seems quite robust and, a little to my surprise, has a butyl inner tube and does not lose any air ever.

Thats not One then, it has latex inner tube. But there is one older gen. shwalbe that has butyl inner, but it is made by Tufo - and that will make you slower a'm affraid...

And for the op, I have had Ones for couple of years now and they seem to ber very good alla around tubulars...no flats, cuts or faults and drive is nice as well.

Miller

by Miller

caddis wrote:Thats not One then, it has latex inner tube. But there is one older gen. shwalbe that has butyl inner, but it is made by Tufo - and that will make you slower a'm affraid...

It looks like this, are you saying this is a (gasp) rebadged Tufo?

natefontaine

by natefontaine

i can confirm 28mm One is indeed buttyl. i got 310gm each, also seems not too bad for the size.

caddis

by caddis

Miller wrote:
caddis wrote:Thats not One then, it has latex inner tube. But there is one older gen. shwalbe that has butyl inner, but it is made by Tufo - and that will make you slower a'm affraid...

It looks like this, are you saying this is a (gasp) rebadged Tufo?

No, thats not Tufo. Seems like normal One. Little but puzled by this butyl thing, because every One i have had, was with latex inner...

I think Shwalbe has had rebadged Veloflex and Tufo in their line up, propably for pro teams, and some of those have ended up to customers. I bought the "Tufos" once, they were horrible...

Miller

by Miller

That's a relief. It's definitely a butyl inner, the air retention is incredible. Wonder if they're pitching at a tri market now where race bikes get locked into parc ferme for the night before the race.

LionelB

by LionelB

One ride decent but not great sort of like conti comp. They used to have latex but have butyl now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Agree, pretty similar to Contis. That's not a bad thing though!
I have 24mm ones on aluminium box sections and they roll OK, are grippy and seem to be durable.
Not as plush a ride as a nice Veloflex but a pretty good tire all things considering.