White Industries T11 with loose end cap

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dmulligan

by dmulligan

I have a T11 rear hub with a loose drive side end cap. By loose I mean that it falls off. Their instructions say to check if it is loose but they don't say what to do if it is.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dmulligan

by dmulligan

The instructions describe the end cap as being press fit. I've now disassembled the hub and the end of the axle looks slightly worn and the end cap offers no resistance whatsoever when turning or pulling it off. Sadly the axle and/or the inside of the end cap are well worn.

NovemberDave

by NovemberDave

The first thing I'd do is contact whomever you bought them from and get their take.

If that's not possible for whatever reason, I'd contact WI to get their take. They're pretty great at these kind of things.

Those parts are under compression when in use, so the fit of the end cap on the axle isn't critical to holding anything together. If things haven't come out of alignment, which I wouldn't think they have, you could easily mix up some 5 minute glue, glue the end cap onto the axle, clean all the excess, and forget about it forever. But you don't have to do that.

dmulligan

by dmulligan

Thank you for the advice. White Industries stepped up and will be replacing my axle. Their advice was to use Loctite with the axle and end cap clamped in a quick release skewer to get me back on the road. My LBS refused to accept payment for a few drops of 609. If it doesn't hold I'll try your 5 minute epoxy idea.

Sent from my Oneplus One using Tapatalk