Yellow Spokes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

matty

by matty

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who does a yellow spoke. Fancy this as a finishing touch in all black wheels probably near valve hole like AC do on their wheels to compliment the yellow decals and finishing gear in my lemond Tete de Course.

I know aerolites come in white and red, and have seen CX-ray in white. Is powder coating the only option

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

i've seen round ones, not aero though, for instance...

http://store.somafab.com/socosp.html

...and unless the length happens to be right you'd need to cut and thread a longer one

probably simplest to paint an existing one with a tough lacquer - whatever is used to colour it will get scratched/chipped in time, so you may as well use something that'll be easy to touch up!

Ginsterdrz

by Ginsterdrz

Mavic have done the same on some special editions.

As long as you don't mind waiting 3 months for delivery!

F45

by F45

You could send your own to some Cerakoting place.

matty

by matty

sungod wrote:i've seen round ones, not aero though, for instance...

http://store.somafab.com/socosp.html

...and unless the length happens to be right you'd need to cut and thread a longer one

probably simplest to paint an existing one with a tough lacquer - whatever is used to colour it will get scratched/chipped in time, so you may as well use something that'll be easy to touch up!

Thanks for your time. Will probably be aero spokes so I will have to look at something else.

matty

by matty

Ginsterdrz wrote:Mavic have done the same on some special editions.

As long as you don't mind waiting 3 months for delivery!

I was aware of the mavic version and seeing that and what American Classic do with using a white or red spoke got me thinking of doing something similar.

Shame all mavic stuff is propriety so only of use on their wheel sets. Wonder what method they use for the spoke colouring so may have to ask.

Thanks for the reply.

matty

by matty

F45 wrote:You could send your own to some Cerakoting place.

Thanks. This looks probably my best option and it sounds interesting having never heard of it before. I have heard of ceramic coatings for heat proofing turbochargers and downpipes on cars before and it seems this cerakote is a brand of tough coating used primarily in guns but guess you can use on anything.

Will start digging where I can get this done in the uk and what yellow colour options are available and if cerakote is a brand, are there others to try and get the best colour match.

Thanks for the heads up.

savechief

by savechief

Couldn't you do some sort of yellow vinyl application?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com