Monoprice Carbon Clinchers / or other low cost suggestions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dak

by dak

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a cheap set of Carbon clinchers for my backup bike. I have a set of ENVE 6.7's laced to T11s on my main ride but my wife will kill me if I drop another $2k on a set of hoops. :shock: I have reviewed the Chinese offers like Farsports and LB, as well as well as the eBayers like Carbonspeedcycle and speedcarbon11, but am wary of ordering from them given the time to ship and sending them back if there are any problems when I first receive them.

I started looking on Amazon Prime, to have fast free shipping and free return shipping with Amazon, and I came across these wheels from Monoprice.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Carbon ... AXMGQXDKBX

After some research I discovered they are a large reputable company that seems to make a lot of generic products from phone chargers to now wheelsets. I am sure these are not really any different from the Chinese wheelsets and they are priced a bit higher at ~$750-850 depending on the depth, but they would at least be Prime and could be easily returned if I had any issues in the first 30 days. The price does push it up into a range where you could probably pick up a used set of Reynolds or HEDs. The weight seems reasonable for the 3 depths they offer.

Any thoughts, experiences or alternative suggestions would be much appreciated.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

kyleFu

by kyleFu

HI Dak,

I am kyle from Farsports, glad to find your topic regarding wheels.
I viewed and topiced on forum in 2012 to 2014 but a pity that broke off for about two years, this is my new account.

In my experience, 750-850US$ budget, you can have very good setup with DT240 (36 ratchets) or White Industry T11 with Sapim spokes etc....

For wheels, no worry, to ensure our customer get problem-free wheels, before shipping wheels will be checked many times by QC colleagues and wheelsbuilder among rims, hubs and spokes.

Besides, rim can be freely replaced due to quality defect in three months, and enjoy 18 months full warranty.
For wheels query, you can send me messages. Nice day.
Farsports
https://www.wheelsfar.com
kyle(at)farsports.cn

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com