Schmolke Rims First Details and Pictures

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AZR3

by AZR3

I've been thinking of getting the tubulars with Extralite hubs for my SSevo but I'm not sure I'd have enough clearance, anyone run a wide 25.4mm wheel on an Evo?

island

by island

Am thinking of getting the clincher version for a 2015 SSevo HM and contacted Schmolke about clearance - they indicated that it would be fine.

Still thinking about these wheels.... on paper they look good but can't seem to find anyone who has used them - emailed Fair Wheels / madcow to see if they had received / made / sold any wheelsets and if so then what the feedback or opinion was. No reply yet.

Would be nice to get an indication of how these wheels perform / compare / characteristics etc. Might just have to stump up the cash and be an 'early adopter' to find out myself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

island wrote:Might just have to stump up the cash and be an 'early adopter' to find out myself.

This was in my mind also. Too bad it's winter already in here and need wait atleast 4 month to test them out. :cry: Need build wheelset with Powertap GS hub and these are still #1 on my list.

Wanted to make sure I can build these with straight-pull hubs:

yes, all the Schmolke Carbon rims are straigthpull compatibel. The trick is to use the Sapim washers which we will include in
your order at no extra charge.

The whole TLO rim including the braking surface is naked, unpainted carbon. We use a special resin with a heat resistance of up to Tg 230 Celsius which makes no coating necessary and allows us to make the rims extralight.

Please note that current delievery lead time is about 3 to 4 weeks.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I am also interested in these but also the Extralite Cybermax tubs. Waiting to get some real world impressions on them before pulling the trigger.
BB

Coffee & carbon

davidw

by davidw

Honestly, the stuff that Schmolke makes is tight and the quality assurance is pretty top notch. So I would imagine that these rims wouldn't be any different. Especially at a price point that can be built up to around the price a lot of people sell used Enve stuff for. I got a tag with my name on it, ready to be tacked on to a pair of these as soon as Fairwheel gets their shipment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I'm interested in the braking more than anything. I love the braking on my Corima's with the Corima cork pads and I'm hoping these [or the extralites] will be on par.....
BB

Coffee & carbon

AZR3

by AZR3

beanbiken wrote:I'm interested in the braking more than anything. I love the braking on my Corima's with the Corima cork pads and I'm hoping these [or the extralites] will be on par.....

That's my main concern as well. I have a set of Xentis 2.5s on my SS Evo now and he braking is outstanding, I dont want to give that up to switch to a lighter wheel. I've been looking at the new Ax Lightness Road Ultra 25T and they have a machined brake track similar to Xentis but would be about $800 more than a Schmolke TLO 30 build.

The Schmolke TLO 30 with Extralite cyber hubs would also be about 140g heavier, which I wouldn't mind so much if I knew they stopped as good as the Ax or Xentis wheels.
Decisions decisions lol

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Starbike have raised rim prices. Earlier TLO 45 clincher was 575€ and now 684€... Maybe it was too good to be true.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

$1600 for the wheels from Starbike with 70/170 Tune hubs!!! WHOA!
That's insanely cheap for quality hubs and carbon rims from SCHMOLKE
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello

Anyone on these rims????

Looking for a new wheels, for my road bike. thinking of 45T TLO 24/28 spokes.

Let me know

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

wish they made disc-only versions...

eric01

by eric01

Hi anyone have any experiences with these rims yet? I'm starting to get the itch to buy a new wheelset and these are high on my list. But would like to hear some real world experience first.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

elfuinha

by elfuinha

eric01 wrote:Hi anyone have any experiences with these rims yet? I'm starting to get the itch to buy a new wheelset and these are high on my list. But would like to hear some real world experience first.

Hello i've ordered a the wheelset above.

Schmolke 24/28 TLO tubular
Alchemy ORC-UL and ELF - now WHEEELS MANUFACTORING
Cx-ray spokes.

only on the end of next month will be ready.

island

by island

Saw this on the fairwheels blog - http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/2017/01/ ... pressions/

Have read a few ride reports on the net too - all looks interesting - these are moving up my shortlist :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elfuinha

by elfuinha

elfuinha wrote:
eric01 wrote:Hi anyone have any experiences with these rims yet? I'm starting to get the itch to buy a new wheelset and these are high on my list. But would like to hear some real world experience first.

Hello i've ordered a the wheelset above.

Alchemy ORC-UL and ELF - now WHEEELS MANUFACTORING
Cx-ray spokes.

only on the end of next month will be ready.

I changed the specs:

Chris King R45 black
Cx-ray spokes.