Campagnolo Neutron Ultra vs this custom set

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kupepe

by Kupepe

Hello,

Two good wheelsets, Neutron is Campy stickered, cup and cone hub, narrower rim a bit heavier.

Custom is wider rim lighter.

Which to go for? Intended use is audaxes and weekend rides.

Front

Tune Mig 70 Superlight Road Front/Pacenti SL23 MKII/Sapim CX Ray Silver or Black Spokes/Alloy - Black, Red or silver ABS insert nipples

Rear

Tune Mag 170 Superlight Road Rear/Pacenti SL23 MKII/Sapim CX Ray Silver or Black Spokes/Alloy - Black, Red or silver ABS insert nipples

Weight

1439g

Thanx

Front and Rear Spoke Count

Front: 32  Rear: 32

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Kupepe on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

snaaijer

by snaaijer

I'd go handbuilt over factory anytime personally. But I don't have specific experience on the Neutron's. Just beware that there are some issues with the Pacenti rims. There are other options out there for rims (cheaper, too). Also, why 32 spokes at the front? I weight around 95kg and 28 front/32 rear is more than enough. And that's with Sapim Laser not CX Ray's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Kupepe

by Kupepe

snaaijer wrote:I'd go handbuilt over factory anytime personally. But I don't have specific experience on the Neutron's. Just beware that there are some issues with the Pacenti rims. There are other options out there for rims (cheaper, too). Also, why 32 spokes at the front? I weight around 95kg and 28 front/32 rear is more than enough. And that's with Sapim Laser not CX Ray's.

Well it was suggested by the wheel builder

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Multebear

by Multebear

snaaijer wrote:I'd go handbuilt over factory anytime personally. But I don't have specific experience on the Neutron's. Just beware that there are some issues with the Pacenti rims. There are other options out there for rims (cheaper, too). Also, why 32 spokes at the front? I weight around 95kg and 28 front/32 rear is more than enough. And that's with Sapim Laser not CX Ray's.

+ 1

Why even 28/32 instead of 24/28?

How much do you weigh OP?

I've been between 82 and 92 kg the last couple of years, and my 24/28 wheels are holding up just fine. I even have a set of 20/24 Flo30 rims on DT hubs with no issues.

I'd say Pacenti rims on Tune hubs is just about the nicest hand build set of wheels out there. It would almost be a crime to ruin it with 32/32 spokes.

RussellS

by RussellS

Audax and weekend rides. More spokes the better. 32-28 would probably be fine and OK. But 32 on the front does not hurt anything. Maybe go 28 with the Tune hubs and get 32 with a Schmidt generator hub. I prefer hand built wheels from spokes, rims, hubs I choose myself. And build myself too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com