What upgrade wheels for my modern build Colnago super?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kupepe

by Kupepe

Hello,

i am am riding a sweet Colnago Super with a mix of 10S Campagnolo Athena/Chorus. My only issue are the wheels.

It has a set of Fulcrum Racing 5s. Honest wheelset for the money, but nothing close to my Shimanos C24, the other bike wears. With the C24s you push the pedals and the bike reacts. With the Racing 5s it seems that the bike is sluggish.

What wheel set would you propose custom or stock that has the same behavior as the C24s, bearing in mind that Shimanos don't come out with Campy free hub?

I would prefer not to put Shamals ... Too modern look for curved forks.

The budget is up to 900 Euro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alistaird

by alistaird

I've heard very good things about the Eurus but have never ridden them myself and from memory (though my memory isn't great) they are 'equivalent' to the Racing 3s... But in your position I would go for Racing 1s or 0s.

A

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kupepe

by Kupepe

Well .. Eurus is G3 pattern ... Too modern I think for a Super

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

I would go for handuilt wheels. Record, PMP or Miche hubs, ambrosio rims (tubular or clincher), sapim or dt spokes.

Multebear

by Multebear

H+ Son TB14 are modern rims with traditional looks. They have a good width (23 mm), but are still very shallow. They are available with black and grey anodizing, but the one you want is the polished finish.