DA9000 C24 Bearings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cth6

by cth6

Been cleaning and repacking the bearings on my hubs every 2500 miles. The races look great and to my eyes the bearings are still unblemished. How often before I should consider replacing the bearings themselves? What are some good options before going ceramic?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Keep lightly repacking the standard balls. They last forever.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Asteroid

by Asteroid

I like your dedication toward maintenance. I did the rear hub at beyond 8k miles and it looked like 4k would've made more sense. The front looked like new still, with the Shimano green grease holding its color. These wheels do not go out in foul weather; save that duty for an older bike.

Did the rear again at the 12k mark and the bearings still held their shine. Very well-made hubs.
Oldbie

cth6

by cth6

Nefarious86 wrote:Keep lightly repacking the standard balls. They last forever.

Thanks will just keep the process up. Already north of 10k miles on the wheels and doing great.

cth6

by cth6

Asteroid wrote:I like your dedication toward maintenance. I did the rear hub at beyond 8k miles and it looked like 4k would've made more sense. The front looked like new still, with the Shimano green grease holding its color. These wheels do not go out in foul weather; save that duty for an older bike.

Did the rear again at the 12k mark and the bearings still held their shine. Very well-made hubs.

Mine are my working wheels. They get wet pretty often during the summer. Been using super web grease and don't regret it