Wheel and tire choice for mini crit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bosshmic

by bosshmic

Going through a mini crit soon which covers 3 laps of 900 meters each (sp basicallY a series of sprints?) i was wondering what the forum would reccomend to put on from a wheel and tire perspective. I do have boras and hyperons and would have to change the tubs on them anyhow. I do have a pair of conti force and attack lying arround as well as vittoria cs lll but also got a pair of vittoria chrono cs ll.

So what is to be prefered? Aero vs weight vs robustness? Which combo would you reccomend?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 11.4

Cheap wheels. Since this appears to be your first crit, you just want something you can race on and not worry about. People crash as they learn to ride crits (and as people around you learn to ride crits). No need to kill a pair of Hyperons or Boras on the learning curve. And wheel weight and aerodynamics aren't going to win the race for you. You need to know you can win on any wheels first, then as you get into more elite territory and are more evenly matched with your competitors, the small advantages of high-zoot wheels become relevant.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

This ^^

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk