Custom Build - Pacenti vs Kinlin rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Artybemen

by Artybemen

Hey All,

I'm looking at a wheelset upgrade and am looking to do a custom build to save some money and because I love wrenching on bike bits! I'm thinking of sourcing from Bike Hub Store and looking at the UltraLight hubs with CX-Ray spokes, but I can't decided between the Pacenti SL23 and the Kinlin XR-200 rims. I'm a 165 pound rider and enjoy the varying New England terrain. I like to spend a lot of time on dirt, but most of that will be done on my old wheels. Even though I'm looking to shave as many grams as possible, I still want a reliable wheelset that rides well. With that in mind, I'm looking for input on whether the extra $140 and 100 gram weight penalty would be worth the extra durability, stiffness, and tire profile of the Pacenti rims. Any input on rim choice, spoke count and cross, or any other wheel build thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

Arty

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

I've like mine so much I did a review of the v1 ( click here ) and then used the v2 to build my wife some wheels (click here)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The Kinlin XR22T is heavier rim but it is quite good being an offset design for the rear. the Pacenti SL23 is over twice the price and a bit lighter. no stiffer though. I like both. The Pacenti looks nicer but there is little in it in riding experience.