It turns out the Campy Boras are actually quite aero (Tour Magazine latest aero hoops test)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

iOS on an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

F45

by F45

Yes, I know that. Why would I want to read a magazine on a phone?

BugsBunny7788

by BugsBunny7788

Guys

There is also an IOS app - but specifcally for the ipad. I use that version - no crashes and layout is good for bed time reading.

Marin

by Marin

F45 wrote:Yes, I know that. Why would I want to read a magazine on a phone?

Why would you want to read a magazine on a PC?

F45

by F45

Because my laptop has a 18" screen maybe?

Marin

by Marin

Well my TV has a 56" screen and I'm not reading magazines on it, but that might be just me

dj97223

by dj97223

I downloaded it to my phone. Tiny print. Anyhow, Tour almost seems to prefer the Quattro (~Bora 35) over the Bora 50 in some respects.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

defride

by defride

Marin wrote:
F45 wrote:Yes, I know that. Why would I want to read a magazine on a phone?

Why would you want to read a magazine on a PC?

Print version is in German, great if you're a German speaker, PC/Ph/TV whatever, you'd not need to rely on someone popping around to translate.

AZK

by AZK

The app is interactive, click on the text body and you can resize it, click on the images and use the typical touch screen gestures to zoom and pan. also they have links to the products etc...

Yes it's not as great as a tangible copy, but definitely worth the purchase.

Vermu

by Vermu

On the topic. Even as boras were suberp I'm really surprised how well Shimano did.
Even stiffer and in the same aerodynamic effiency zone. Just makes me wonder If Zipp is more branding and less actual craftmanship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F45

by F45

Alright, I suffered through this edition on the phone. Would have been worth the money on a better device. All you Shimano C35 clincher haters can now apologize.

NealH

by NealH

F45 wrote:Alright, I suffered through this edition on the phone. Would have been worth the money on a better device. All you Shimano C35 clincher haters can now apologize.

Briefly, what did they say about the C35's?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I scored a fairly scratched up pair of ex-team C35 tubulars (granted for a great price and w/ mint Conti pro ltd 25 tubulars :lol: ) and have to say I'm nothing but extremely impressed with them on all accounts. Right up there in stiffness at the rear w/ boras I've had (50mm non wide) and don't seem to have a huge aero penalty....this all coming from a pretty died in the wool Campagnolo guy.

spartan wrote:yes . read the article last night. buy it.

zipp 404 - 222 watts
zipp 303 - 225 watts
zipp 202 - 226.8 watts

now for the so called un-aero campy wheels

bora 50 one - 224.7 watts
quattro carbon - 226.4 watts

cheap Chinese enve knockoffs front 50/rear 60 - 223.9

btw they mavic/campy/zipp/newer dt wheels survived the alpine brake torture test. the chinese rims melted.

overpriced enve wheels were not tested .. i wonder why :twisted:

I'm also inclined to discount a bit the aero data here due to the tiny spread b/t zipp 202-303-404.....

F45

by F45

NealH wrote:
F45 wrote:Alright, I suffered through this edition on the phone. Would have been worth the money on a better device. All you Shimano C35 clincher haters can now apologize.

Briefly, what did they say about the C35's?

Laterally stiff yet vertically compliant.

dunMisk

by dunMisk

I read bought and read the article as wel. I'm quite surprised how little the actual aero effects are. I mean the whole range is from 222 to 239 watts at 45kph. And if you take out the very obvious non-aero wheelsets (C24 / Ksyrium / Hyperion), the difference is only 8 watts between the fastest and the slowest. If I had to conclude from this test, if your going with a decent 30+ mm alu rim and stiff wheel/hub/spoke combination, your set. The difference will only about 4 watts. Spend the rest of your money on spinningclasses / eating well / snug fitting clothes (excluding an aero frameset ofcourse).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com